2007 First Round - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2007 First Round

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CadensDad » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:38 pm

cubbies1 wrote:
CadensDad wrote:1.)Pujols
2.)Santana
3.)Beltran
4.)Soriano
5.)ARod
6.)McCab
7.)VLAD
8.)Crawford
9.)Ortiz
10.)Tejada
11.)Utley
12)Hafner
13.)Howard
14.)Reyes
15.)Wright
16.)Bay



interesting list. tejada is way to high. reyes, howard are way to low...imo


I'm just not sold on Reyes (I honestly have no idea why) Theres something about him that screams INJURY, it never bite him this year and it may not but I just cant seem to draft him, (Had same thing with Tex this year)

Howard on the other hand I just think his AVG is gonna take a big nose dive and so will most of his other numbers besides RBI's and homeruns, (I dont expect him to break 50 next year but mid 40's)

I have a few players that are on my do not touch list, Manny is #1, the injury bug seems to have him and I see no way of him posting the career numbers we have seen in the past.

Tejada to me is the most undervalued SS in baseball, in most any other lineup he'd be a top 3 hitter, but Baltimore has no protection for him, (Please dont say Melvin Mora or anything like that.) I think he will be in another city next year (L.A. Angels hopefully) and his numbers will jump back up.
Image

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5977
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bronxxbomber » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:13 pm

1. Pujols

2. Santana (I don't care what anyone says, he's a lock when it comes to pitching. No one is really close to him)

3. ARod (He had a down season and he was still amazing)

4. Soriano

5. Ortiz

6. Hafner (Best hitter after Pujols in my opinion)

7. Beltran (I wonder if his big sb days are over?)

8. Howard (Seens a little low doesn't it?)

9. Reyes

10. Utley

11. MCab

12. Vlad (Damn, this just seems too low for him, but It'd be real tough for me at this point to take him over some of these other guys)
Image
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3552
Joined: 7 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Watching Over Everything

Postby Trot Nixon » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:17 pm

Does someone like Matt Holliday come close to being a 1st rounder?
Image
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2360
Joined: 10 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wishing Nixon would come back to the Sox

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:19 pm

Trot Nixon wrote:Does someone like Matt Holliday come close to being a 1st rounder?



No imo. Solid round 4-6 guy imo.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Met_Threat » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:26 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
Trot Nixon wrote:Does someone like Matt Holliday come close to being a 1st rounder?



No imo. Solid round 4-6 guy imo.


4-6? Were you in a coma for this past season?
Image
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2210
Joined: 14 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cubbies1 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:37 pm

CadensDad wrote:
I'm just not sold on Reyes (I honestly have no idea why) Theres something about him that screams INJURY, it never bite him this year and it may not but I just cant seem to draft him, (Had same thing with Tex this year)

Howard on the other hand I just think his AVG is gonna take a big nose dive and so will most of his other numbers besides RBI's and homeruns, (I dont expect him to break 50 next year but mid 40's)

I have a few players that are on my do not touch list, Manny is #1, the injury bug seems to have him and I see no way of him posting the career numbers we have seen in the past.

Tejada to me is the most undervalued SS in baseball, in most any other lineup he'd be a top 3 hitter, but Baltimore has no protection for him, (Please dont say Melvin Mora or anything like that.) I think he will be in another city next year (L.A. Angels hopefully) and his numbers will jump back up.



i disagree with you on howard and reyes. Reyes has put together two back to back injury free seasons. Howard i to think will have a little dip in the numbers but not enough to move him out of the top ten. However if tejada gets traded to a better lineup, i could see him posting elite SS #s again, but if he stays in baltimore, it will be another dissapointing season to those drafting him in the 1st round.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
cubbies1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 627
Joined: 24 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:47 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:
Trot Nixon wrote:Does someone like Matt Holliday come close to being a 1st rounder?



No imo. Solid round 4-6 guy imo.


4-6? Were you in a coma for this past season?


One year at 34/114 does not make him round 1-3 material imo. You want to put Atkins there as well? His numbers are comparable and he plays 3b. A top 20's overall pick I just do not see. Top 30's sure.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hooligan1 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:55 pm

1. Pujols
2. Rodriguez
3. Santana
4. Soriano
5. Ortiz
6. Hafner
7. Beltran
8. Howard
9. Reyes
10. Cabrera
11. Utley
12. Crawford

13 and 14 and 15 are probably Guerrero and Wright and Ramirez in no particular order.........
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 888
Joined: 13 Jun 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby CraigMasbruch » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:57 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:
Trot Nixon wrote:Does someone like Matt Holliday come close to being a 1st rounder?



No imo. Solid round 4-6 guy imo.


4-6? Were you in a coma for this past season?


One year at 34/114 does not make him round 1-3 material imo. You want to put Atkins there as well? His numbers are comparable and he plays 3b. A top 20's overall pick I just do not see. Top 30's sure.


First of all, a top 30's pick would make him a third rounder. Second of all, Atkins's numbers are not comparable. Third of all, Holliday did what many experts expected him to do this season: run a little and hit a lot. I don't think that makes him a first rounder, but if you see him in the fourth to sixth round you need to find a better league, because you're playing against 9-year-old girls.
CraigMasbruch
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 509
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 5 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brewcrew4you » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:04 am

My top 10

1. Jeter, he's a leader, which you need on your fantasy team.
2. Jeter again, just in case.
3. Tru, I hear his taxes are in order now.
4. Crosby, he's gonna have an MVP season.
5. Markakis, I hear he hit 3 homers this season.
6. Zumaya, doesn't he throw 103 mph?
7./8. Kerry Wood/Mark Prior, this is gonna be their year!
9. Kendall, he's going to build on the late homer.
10. Jeter.
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1192
Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in a bunker 50m below sea level

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact