The Official Brag About Your Kids Thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Official Brag About Your Kids Thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Official Brag About Your Kids Thread

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:49 am

As most of you know, I have a 6-year old son. I’m going to take this time to brag excessively about his latest achievement.

He has been taking Taekwondo for about 4 months and was asked to participate in a national tournament. It’s for his age group, 5-7, and his belt class, white/pee-wee, but we figured it would be a good experience. All of the pee-wees, the young kids who start out in Taekwondo, are awarded medals, whether they actually win anything or not. This is more for motivation and encouragement than anything else. He’s still very new at this so I wasn’t expecting too much, and I was trying to convey to him that he just needed to do his best and not expect too much himself. So what does he do? He goes out and wins the whole damn thing. First place. Gold medal. The Grand Master stood four of them up, in a row, draping the gaudy medals around their necks. Then he got to my kid, at the end of the row, put the gold medal around his neck, raised his arm, and said into the microphone, “We have a champion”. I think his smile wrapped itself clear around his head. Pretty proud papa moment there. They gain points for achievements in tournaments and this one pushed him over the line used to determine if he’s ready for a promotion to a colored belt. He will have testing very soon and shouldn’t have a problem getting his yellow belt. Yellow belts are generally not awarded, at this school, before 6 months and usually longer, so he’s achieved this ahead of schedule. Bragging session over….for now.

I don’t want to be completely selfish here, so how about the other parents of the Cafe take this chance to brag about their kids. ;-D

Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:49 am

Congrats ORS! ;-D

I'd brag about my boy, but he's currently in the doghouse. His toilet overflowed and we couldn't find a reason. After removing the toilet, right at the connection to the floor, we found a HI-C Juice Box wedged in there. Little bugger must have flushed it for some unknown reason. :-[
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:52 am

Madison wrote:Congrats ORS! ;-D

I'd brag about my boy, but he's currently in the doghouse. His toilet overflowed and we couldn't find a reason. After removing the toilet, right at the connection to the floor, we found a HI-C Juice Box wedged in there. Little bugger must have flushed it for some unknown reason. :-[

That's hilarious. I'd probably be shocked as hell to find what he's flushed. Mine once had an 'accident' in the bathroom. The brown stuff was a little looser than usual and he was having a problem getting it cleaned up. Got it on the bottom, back of his shirt, so he decides to take the shirt off, right? Well, he does that and ends up with it all over his back as it slides up. :-P Thank God I'm married to a good woman who cleaned that up while I found something outside to keep me busy. :-°
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:16 am

my nephew flushed a batman action figure once because it allegedly said a bad word...they had to replace the toilet
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Madison » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:23 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:

my nephew flushed a batman action figure once because it allegedly said a bad word...they had to replace the toilet

Should have sent Aquaman in there to save Batman. ;-D

:-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:31 am

My Kid can sit and doesn't beg for food.

I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:40 pm

Ah man, I happen to dislike people who boast about their kids. We were having so much fun Omaha, why ruin it? :-b
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 619)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:43 pm

acsguitar wrote:My Kid can sit and doesn't beg for food.

My kid does one of those things. :-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:49 pm

At the moment I feel more like boasting that I have no kids at all. :-]
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:09 pm

back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Next

Return to General Talk