My Top 100 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

My Top 100

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby FalcoAtL » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:23 pm

FalcoAtL wrote:What does everyone think of Eric Campbell? I really like his potential, but I'm not sure how he ranks among 3rd basemen at this point. He's still only at High A.

None knows anything about him?
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shortsavage » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:45 pm

FalcoAtL wrote:
FalcoAtL wrote:What does everyone think of Eric Campbell? I really like his potential, but I'm not sure how he ranks among 3rd basemen at this point. He's still only at High A.

None knows anything about him?

Campbell isn't really in the picture for my top 100 list. I don't think he has the bat to stick at 3B. He was pretty dissapointing in Hawaii, so he could have a little trouble adjusting to the upper levels of the minors.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby FalcoAtL » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:33 pm

I agree he will have some trouble sticking at the position due to power potential, but I think he is def. a big enough talent to crack a top 100 at this point. There is no way you can disregard the numbers he has been putting up so far IMO.

Also I made a ton more changes to the rankings. Possibly some that could be up for big debate I think.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby shortsavage » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:27 pm

I can't really stomach Josh Fields being top 25. He wasn't even in the conversations that the Project Prospect writers and I had for our top 25.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:22 pm

shortsavage wrote:I can't really stomach Josh Fields being top 25. He wasn't even in the conversations that the Project Prospect writers and I had for our top 25.

Yeah, I agree on this one. He's a mid 30's guy. I'm not sure how playing OF, if that is where he'll be unless Crede is dealt, will do to him.

shortsavage wrote:I bet you'll see Guzman on the cusp of or failing to make some pretty hightly regarded top 100 lists.

Guzman is a stud physcially. 6'6 250 than can play SS/3B/1B/OF. He moved around so much from position to position to place to place that his minor league campain in 2006 didn't surprise me. I believe he is currently tearing up winter ball as well. You really think we should give up on such a promisiing player at just 1 year of organizations bouncing him around??? No. He was the most highly regarded player ever taken out of the DR. Not saying that that always works but dropping him off that much is foolish. 25-35 imo.

shortsavage wrote:Campbell isn't really in the picture for my top 100 list. I don't think he has the bat to stick at 3B. He was pretty dissapointing in Hawaii, so he could have a little trouble adjusting to the upper levels of the minors.

Well, Sickels has Campbell as the #1 player in the Braves organzation. Loves his bat. He'll likely move to 1B imo but since this is fantasy based I could see guys like Andrus ranked ahead of him because he's a SS but when in doubt...go with Sickels. Since he's so young, 65-75 imo

Hbj79 wrote:I can buy that arguement about stubbs but I still think hr floats around 100 somewhere.

I'm not sure how anybody can think that Stubbs is just a defensive player. I doubt the Reds would have drafted him as the eighth pick in the draft if they did. Stubbs is a physical stud at 6'5 190 with reflexes like a panther in CF with a great glove. He's very muscular as well. I really can't think of anybody like him ever to play CF like he does. He's a much larger version of Jim Edmonds in my mind. He needs bigtime plate selection help since he K's so much but the power potential is surely there. I really don't mind him not being included in the top 100 since his contract rates are so low but he's a sleeper to be sure. If he improves his plate discipline it will remind me of Happy Gilmore saying, "Uh oh, Happy learned how to put". :-)
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Mean One » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:26 am

SP Deolis Guerra
1B Brian LaHair

What's the story on these two minor leaguers? I've never heard of them but yet they are ranked in the top 100. I can find very little info. :-?
Mean One
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby FalcoAtL » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:13 pm

Brian LaHair, 24, was the M's Minor League player of the year this year. He had stats of .309 with 16 home runs and 74 RBI at Double A as well as Triple A. People have been comparing him to Lyle Overbay.

Deolis Guerra, 6'5 200, is from the Mets organization. He's already throwing 91-92 mph and projects to add even more velocity as he fills out. Some say he only has an average arm, but it appears that the Mets have a very high opinion of him as they are trying to move him along very quickly. This year had stats of 6-7, 2.20 ERA, and 7.09 K/9.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mean One » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:47 pm

FalcoAtL wrote:Brian LaHair, 24, was the M's Minor League player of the year this year. He had stats of .309 with 16 home runs and 74 RBI at Double A as well as Triple A. People have been comparing him to Lyle Overbay.

Deolis Guerra, 6'5 200, is from the Mets organization. He's already throwing 91-92 mph and projects to add even more velocity as he fills out. Some say he only has an average arm, but it appears that the Mets have a very high opinion of him as they are trying to move him along very quickly. This year had stats of 6-7, 2.20 ERA, and 7.09 K/9.

As far as Guerra is concerned, the Mets have one such pitcher they are trying to push into the starting lineup by the name of Alay Soler. His age is up there as far as minor league players are concerned on average but his brief stint in the majors last season started out fantastic then fizzled like a bottlerocket in a span of about a month. :-/

I asked about these two players because I have a minor league draft coming up in February and was looking to add a couple of hidden gems with my last two picks onto my farm roster for the future. Sounds like LaHair may see some time in the majors later on in 2007 after last season but not sure what the Mariners plan to do with any of their farmhands. :-o

Thanks for the reply FalcoAtL. ;-D
Mean One
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby FalcoAtL » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:52 pm

No problem, thanks for the interest! :-D
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby FalcoAtL » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:59 pm

Okay I made some more changes. Let me know what you think!
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball