Carnivale - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Carnivale

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Carnivale

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:10 am

Yoda wrote:I bought the DVDs in the last two weeks for a total of $40 (great deal for 24 hours of entertainment) and I have to say this is probably one of the best shows I have ever watched (top 10 easily). Season 2 is so intense and weird that it really sets in your mind after you watch it.

I can't believe they canceled this show. Does anyone know if they are going to make a movie or a miniseries out of this? There are so many unanswered/unexplained things. :~(

i havent checked in quite a while, last i heard HBO owns all the rights and isnt likely to do anything with it :,-(

the IMDB message boards usually have something about it
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:09 pm

Man thats weak sauce. I was really hoping HBO would hook the fans up.....what was I thinking. :-t
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sticky Spice » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:44 pm

I am really struggling to get into this show. I'm five episodes into Season 1 and I like almost all the characters, but I don't understand where the show is going. I was expecting xfiles and got twin peaks. None of the episodes have me wondering what's next...

I was going to ask if I should tough it out, and judging by this thread, i should.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 40)

Postby jfg » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:32 pm

Sticky Spice wrote:I am really struggling to get into this show. I'm five episodes into Season 1 and I like almost all the characters, but I don't understand where the show is going. I was expecting xfiles and got twin peaks. None of the episodes have me wondering what's next...

I was going to ask if I should tough it out, and judging by this thread, i should.

Who told you X-Files? If you don't like Twin Peaks you're probably not going to get into it. You need to watch both seasons to get resolution and it still leaves you hanging! But, I loved the show.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby Sticky Spice » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:34 pm

Nobody told me xfiles. I just accidentally tricked myself hoping it was like that xfiles episode with carnival characters.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 40)

Postby jfg » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:03 am

Yeah, the only thing that parallels X-Files is the supernatural aspect, other than that it's not the same at all. Twin Peaks is the best comparison but really, it was a totally original idea. I'm glad the show ended with some resolution but I wish it was still on the air. It's easily my favorite show of this decade.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby Yoda » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:27 am

You have to watch both seasons. Everything will make sense in the end and it is well worth it.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:25 am

Yoda wrote:You have to watch both seasons. Everything will make sense in the end and it is well worth it.

i agree...awesome show
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:43 pm

Yoda wrote:You have to watch both seasons. Everything will make sense in the end and it is well worth it.

Uhhh kinda....then it leave you seriously hanging. Loved that show though. ;-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:27 pm

Metroid wrote:

Uhhh kinda....then it leave you seriously hanging. Loved that show though. ;-D

Well, there is just one untied loop (female character) but you have closure on every single character and all answers revealed unlike shows like Lost and Heroes.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk