Parents kidnap adult daughter to prevent marriage - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Parents kidnap adult daughter to prevent marriage

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Parents kidnap adult daughter to prevent marriage

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:56 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
Coppermine wrote:The other answer is that they're expecting their first child in May... which would put the conception a few months before the wedding (which was likely scheduled after it was revealed she was pregnant). Think that might have something to do with it? I don't know how against Mormans are to premarital sex, but that might have something to do with it.
Mormans are very much against premarital sex. I wouldn't shock me entirely to see both kicked out of school for violating the honor code.
http://honorcode.byu.edu/The_Honor_Code.htm

Yes, of course... fulfilling our inherent, human, biological reproductive needs are so dishonorable... :-[

Sounds like the talk of a heathen. ;-) :-b
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:11 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Coppermine wrote:The other answer is that they're expecting their first child in May... which would put the conception a few months before the wedding (which was likely scheduled after it was revealed she was pregnant). Think that might have something to do with it? I don't know how against Mormans are to premarital sex, but that might have something to do with it.
Mormans are very much against premarital sex. I wouldn't shock me entirely to see both kicked out of school for violating the honor code.

Did I read that correctly? They're not supposed to drink tea or coffee? :-? 8-o
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:20 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:

Yeah, nothing with caffeine... I work with a bunch of Mormons (there's a big population down here in Phoenix), so I know all this stuff. B-) :-o :-b
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:40 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:

Yeah, I guess Mormons fall somewhere in between Scientologists and Christian Scientists on the religion scale.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:46 pm

acsguitar wrote:Utah is strange

Truer words have seldom been spoken. I actually can't go to Utah, for legal reasons and out of all of the states in the Union to be banned from, it's probably the best.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:51 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:

Truer words have seldom been spoken. I actually can't go to Utah, for legal reasons and out of all of the states in the Union to be banned from, it's probably the best.

That's awesome and I would absolutely love to hear that story; as I said before, i've been to Provo and it's nothing short of unusual.

I ate at TGIFriday's and couldn't get a beer.

I stayed that the most exclusive hotel in Provo (I worked for an airport FBO at the time and went for a conference on flight schools) and the hotel had a bar that required some kind of private membership. It was all locked up and dark as if it were a strip club in an elementary school.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:25 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:

8-o

Anything juicy or interesting? I'd guess it is or you wouldn't have mentioned it. :-b My PM box always has room for an interesting story. O:-)

:-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk