c/c please? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

c/c please?

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

c/c please?

Postby Idahofan1 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:37 am

just got photoshop, and this is what i came up with.

Idahofan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: GM headquarters of the Rubber game's brooklyn dodgers

Postby DevilDriver » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:40 pm

Way too plain. Give the bg more detail and add some effects to Ordonez. Also improve your cutting.
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Red Sox Nation » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:09 pm

DevilDriver wrote:Way too plain. Give the bg more detail and add some effects to Ordonez. Also improve your cutting.

Sup Idaho. For the beginning I suggest using pre-cut images. If you need a couple of sites, I can post them or PM you them.

It's kinda plain but I can see an improvement in the sig. Border is nice and simple and I guess you took that advice for a border. ;-D

There are a couple of tutorials on this site- including WickedSmaat's new tutorial that can be found either here or on the fantasy football cafe about how to make a pretty darn nice sig.

But basically, I suggest improving the lighting of the player and background by using gradients and opacity/blending options? whatever those are called. The overlay, softlight, hardlight, color burn, etc, options). Multiple layers of the player is important to make the best lighting available to match the sig. IMO, your sig right now just doesn't blend very well. I think there's a big contrast between the background (bg) and the player. As for the text, that's a good font but try to blend it more. I'm not good at text myself but I find ways to blend it in as possible so it doesn't stick out that much. Also, try to put text away from the really big image. For this sig, I'd try to make the text small but you can still leave it in the middle if you wish.

Now, onto the background. I suggest using a combination of brushes and stock images. Stock images will basically be the "core"- if you will, of the background. Experiment with different blending options and perhaps use a couple stock images. I generally use 4-6 rarely more but I'm not even sure if that's a good amount. As for brushing, sometimes they can change the outcome of the background but not really. I generally tend to brush over the all the layers at the end to make it look grungey or techy and make it even blend in more.

Sorry for the long post, but that's what I had to say. Keep up the work. :-D ;-D
[url=http://omgitspeter.googlepages.com/home]My Graphics[/url]

Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Contests and Showing Off