North Korea pledges to test nuclear bomb - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

North Korea pledges to test nuclear bomb

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:35 am

JTWood wrote:Preliminary tests don't show radiation from the site.

You don't think it was actually a conventional bomb, do you???

It could be a fall back option to not look too bad. But I'd wait for the final result before getting too happy about it.

man, my English has been slipping...
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:18 pm

JTWood wrote:Preliminary tests don't show radiation from the site.

You don't think it was actually a conventional bomb, do you???

It was problem a bunch of M-80's strung together in a washing machine
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:19 pm

Madison wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:
Madison wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:You should of voted for the guy who actually was in our military and who has killed people for his country.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. ;-7 ;-7 ;-7

The same one who came home from "killing for his country" and started demonstrating against said war? Setting himself up to be able to play both sides? Whose opinions on every single issue were crystal clear? ;-7 Dude didn't stand for anything. I'm not going to argue that Bush is a great (or even good really) president, but I shudder to think of where we'd be under Flip-Flop Kerry.

It can't be that much worse than where we are now. Right? :-°

You never know. :-/

But on the bright side, we're stacking the Supreme Court with conservatives so we can overturn Roe v. Wade. }:-)

Of course it could be worse. Kerry would surrender the country to a kid with a BB gun. :-t Or to an irate Canadian. ;-7

:-b

Plus BP makes a very good point that no one knew where Kerry stood on anything. All we knew was he was a flip-flopper who would say whatever he thought would get him elected. He had zero stones to stand up and say exactly what he thought. If he didn't have enough testicular fortitude to at least tell us where he stood on the issues and hold to it, then there's no way he has any chance of defending our country. Absolutely no need to put a wimp like that in office. :-t

It was A or B. One fought and killed for our country, the other seemingly faked military service for our country, even training. That's what it came down to for me.

I'm an Air Force brat, and from a long standing Air Force family. So with that said, Kerry should have been my choice, right? Well, his flip-flopping on the issues was enough to scare the crap out of me. He should have had enough stones to pick a stand on the issues and then stick to them. He didn't have the backbone to do that, so he didn't get my vote (or any votes from my family). Simple as that. :-°

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/ ... 6142.shtml
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:36 pm

Madison wrote:I'm an Air Force brat, and from a long standing Air Force family. So with that said, Kerry should have been my choice, right? Well, his flip-flopping on the issues was enough to scare the crap out of me. He should have had enough stones to pick a stand on the issues and then stick to them
. He didn't have the backbone to do that, so he didn't get my vote (or any votes from my family). Simple as that. :-°

Doesn't matter if Bush flip-flops, he had the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth on his side. I honestly think they single-handedly got that undecided 1.5% to vote in Bush's favor, but it doesn't matter, Kerry really was not a strong candidate.

Besides, i didn't really understand the flip-flop thing. I mean, an attack ad can use anything against an opponent and twist the truth any way they want. People hate negative campaign ads, yet study after study says they work.

I always thought that someone who could change their mind based on new information was the true measure of intelligence. This "stick to your guns" administration frustrates me because, no matter what, the president holding onto his convictions is considered one of his strongest suits.. but I see it as a weakness.

It's all politics, there's no logic involved.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:22 pm

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:
Madison wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:
Madison wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:You should of voted for the guy who actually was in our military and who has killed people for his country.

The same one who came home from "killing for his country" and started demonstrating against said war? Setting himself up to be able to play both sides? Whose opinions on every single issue were crystal clear? ;-7 Dude didn't stand for anything. I'm not going to argue that Bush is a great (or even good really) president, but I shudder to think of where we'd be under Flip-Flop Kerry.

But on the bright side, we're stacking the Supreme Court with conservatives so we can overturn Roe v. Wade. }:-)

Of course it could be worse. Kerry would surrender the country to a kid with a BB gun. :-t Or to an irate Canadian. ;-7

Plus BP makes a very good point that no one knew where Kerry stood on anything. All we knew was he was a flip-flopper who would say whatever he thought would get him elected. He had zero stones to stand up and say exactly what he thought. If he didn't have enough testicular fortitude to at least tell us where he stood on the issues and hold to it, then there's no way he has any chance of defending our country. Absolutely no need to put a wimp like that in office. :-t

It was A or B. One fought and killed for our country, the other seemingly faked military service for our country, even training. That's what it came down to for me.

I'm an Air Force brat, and from a long standing Air Force family. So with that said, Kerry should have been my choice, right? Well, his flip-flopping on the issues was enough to scare the crap out of me. He should have had enough stones to pick a stand on the issues and then stick to them. He didn't have the backbone to do that, so he didn't get my vote (or any votes from my family). Simple as that. :-°

Since you bumped a rather old thread, would you care to make a point with it? :-)

Kerry is a flip flopper. Bush turned into one. At the time of the election, Kerry was a huge flip flopper and Bush wasn't. Simple as that, unless of course, someone can predict the future of the world....
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:29 pm

Madison wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:
Madison wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:
Madison wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:

Since you bumped a rather old thread, would you care to make a point with it? :-)

Kerry is a flip flopper. Bush turned into one. At the time of the election, Kerry was a huge flip flopper and Bush wasn't. Simple as that, unless of course, someone can predict the future of the world....

stubbornness is hardly a good quality of politicians.

especially if you are proved time and time again that you are wrong.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:27 pm

Madison wrote:

You for some reason thought any politician wouldn't constantly reevaluate is positions, image an actual action relative to changing events? i.e. flip flopping.

I look for the motive and the way in which a politician will react to the multitude of events which may encounter him or her. They're all going to talk, but what are the two we get to choose from really about? Bush has basically been a cheerleader in his life, rather than the football player. Whatever the exact truth is about his military history, what matters is he didn't want to fight for our country and endanger his life on a battlefield. John Kerry did. Regardless of all the talk and other crap which has been sit about the Bush and sub issue vs Kerry, that's the one thing that matters most for me and I would think or rather, hope it would to the military personnel of the country. I can't remember how many important military people of the past supported Kerry, but the list was remarkable. This all is of course relative to having only two poor candidates. So there is what I based my security upon, to me the rest was mostly just talk.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:14 pm

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:
Madison wrote:

You for some reason thought any politician wouldn't constantly reevaluate is positions, image an actual action relative to changing events? i.e. flip flopping.

I look for the motive and the way in which a politician will react to the multitude of events which may encounter him or her. They're all going to talk, but what are the two we get to choose from really about? Bush has basically been a cheerleader in his life, rather than the football player. Whatever the exact truth is about his military history, what matters is he didn't want to fight for our country and endanger his life on a battlefield. John Kerry did. Regardless of all the talk and other crap which has been sit about the Bush and sub issue vs Kerry, that's the one thing that matters most for me and I would think or rather, hope it would to the military personnel of the country. I can't remember how many important military people of the past supported Kerry, but the list was remarkable. This all is of course relative to having only two poor candidates. So there is what I based my security upon, to me the rest was mostly just talk.

What new are we discussing here? Seems we're talking about the same things every time you bump this.

You wanted Kerry because he was in combat, and were against Bush because he didn't.

I wanted Bush because Bush said what he was going to do and stuck to his guns about it, while Kerry kept changing his stance on everything constantly while trying to please the entire country.

I would think that a guy who fought for our country would have enough stones and testicular fortitude to be honest with the country and say where he stood on the topics, and stick to them regardless of what the polls said, or what people thought. Kerry proved that theory wrong, and that's exactly why he lost the election. Had he gone on television, said where he stood on the important topics, and then stuck to it throughout the campaign, he would have won the election. No doubt in my mind about that. He didn't do that, so he lost. Plain and simple.

Nothing new in this topic at all, so not sure why you keep beating the horse that died years ago. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk