North Korea pledges to test nuclear bomb - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

North Korea pledges to test nuclear bomb

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:18 pm

It's not like he really had a shot at Texas anyways though. }:-)
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby Madison » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:31 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:It's not like he really had a shot at Texas anyways though. }:-)


My entire family doesn't live in Texas. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:09 pm

Madison wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:It's not like he really had a shot at Texas anyways though. }:-)


My entire family doesn't live in Texas. ;-)

!+)
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby Fireball Express » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:10 pm

Wow, I figured by now this thread would be discussing the fact that N.Korea has threated more tests and even said that the US's stance is considered an act of war. I thought that maybe even the sanctions would be discussed here.
Low and behold this has turned into a Kerry vs Bush thread. So, I'll chime in.

Kerry's platform was pretty much, "I am a Vet and I am not George W. Bush".
He said he had a plan for Iraq. Yet when asked about his plan he responded with something like, "Oh I have a plan. I'm not ready to reveal it just yet." Reading between the lines that means he had no plan or that it was so outrageous that he would lose votes b/c of it.

Truth is that the Democrats never seem to have a plan, except to be anti-Republican. Their canidates are way too far to the left that any moderate still thinks they are too radical. They are not in touch with their base. John F. Kennedy is turning over in his grave wondering what happened to his party.


Now, what if Kerry was voted into office. He'd be giving millions (billions?) of dollars to N.Korea as compensation for not building nuclear weapons. However, that would not stop them from advancing their nuclear agenda. If all this sounds familiar then you are right. That is what happened when Clinton was in office. He tried to appease the threat instead of confronting it. When Bush came into office he realized that the US was being taken for a pansey. N.Korea didn't just start developing nuclear weapons when Bush got into office. It was going on before that and handled poorly by the Clinton administration. (I can go off in another direction and trash Clinton for selling satelite secrets to China.) Bush isn't scared to butt heads with those lying commie bastards, especially when the safety of our nation and it's allies are at stake.
Image
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2516
Joined: 17 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Basking in the Sunshine

Postby Coppermine » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:59 pm

Fireball Express wrote:Truth is that the Democrats never seem to have a plan, except to be anti-Republican.


I agree, however this seems like it will be enough for them to do well this November.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby JTWood » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:27 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:Truth is that the Democrats never seem to have a plan, except to be anti-Republican.


I agree, however this seems like it will be enough for them to do well this November.

You might be right. I don't have a Republican candidate in my voting realm that I want to vote for. I won't vote for a Dem, either, so I'm only going to be voting on the Props and Amendments this winter.

Vote "No!" on Missouri Amedment Two. Why? Not because of what it stands for. No, sir. Vote against it because it actually does the opposite of what they say it does. Vote against it simply because it's a sham.

:-t
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 am

Fireball Express wrote:Wow, I figured by now this thread would be discussing the fact that N.Korea has threated more tests and even said that the US's stance is considered an act of war. I thought that maybe even the sanctions would be discussed here.
Low and behold this has turned into a Kerry vs Bush thread. So, I'll chime in.

Kerry's platform was pretty much, "I am a Vet and I am not George W. Bush".
He said he had a plan for Iraq. Yet when asked about his plan he responded with something like, "Oh I have a plan. I'm not ready to reveal it just yet." Reading between the lines that means he had no plan or that it was so outrageous that he would lose votes b/c of it.

Truth is that the Democrats never seem to have a plan, except to be anti-Republican. Their canidates are way too far to the left that any moderate still thinks they are too radical. They are not in touch with their base. John F. Kennedy is turning over in his grave wondering what happened to his party.


Now, what if Kerry was voted into office. He'd be giving millions (billions?) of dollars to N.Korea as compensation for not building nuclear weapons. However, that would not stop them from advancing their nuclear agenda. If all this sounds familiar then you are right. That is what happened when Clinton was in office. He tried to appease the threat instead of confronting it. When Bush came into office he realized that the US was being taken for a pansey. N.Korea didn't just start developing nuclear weapons when Bush got into office. It was going on before that and handled poorly by the Clinton administration. (I can go off in another direction and trash Clinton for selling satelite secrets to China.) Bush isn't scared to butt heads with those lying commie bastards, especially when the safety of our nation and it's allies are at stake.


You are Mod Edit: No need for name calling. who sounds like every other Rep. I know...a person who regurgitates what Rush Limbaugh throws on the air. Way to bash Clinton who helped our AMAZING deficit and didnt kill our budget, like Bush (who gave a crazy amount of tax breaks to the crazy rich and says the middle class will benefit from his dumb ass trickle down economics). You are definitely right...we need a guy who will "butt heads" with those "commie bastards" and really put them in thier place....Definitly no need to do it twice! Bush is the worst president in American history. He is well within his range of ruining our great country and what we stand for...We have no force to attack North Korea or any other country because we are too busy fighting for Iraq and their so called weapons of mass destruction as well as the Iraqi civilians who dont want freedom. I love how Bush has pretty much killed more Americans than were killed in 9/11 because of what happened with his father. The GOP and their lackeys continue to repeat and follow the hypocrite, Rush Limpaugh.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3739
Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:16 am

So before this gets locked, the U.S. is basically powerless to do anything to N. Korea cause they are being propped up by China. Unless we take the hard line against China or China agrees to punish N. Korea we basically have no options.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21608
(Past Year: 377)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:18 am

Cleveland Steamers wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:Wow, I figured by now this thread would be discussing the fact that N.Korea has threated more tests and even said that the US's stance is considered an act of war. I thought that maybe even the sanctions would be discussed here.
Low and behold this has turned into a Kerry vs Bush thread. So, I'll chime in.

Kerry's platform was pretty much, "I am a Vet and I am not George W. Bush".
He said he had a plan for Iraq. Yet when asked about his plan he responded with something like, "Oh I have a plan. I'm not ready to reveal it just yet." Reading between the lines that means he had no plan or that it was so outrageous that he would lose votes b/c of it.

Truth is that the Democrats never seem to have a plan, except to be anti-Republican. Their canidates are way too far to the left that any moderate still thinks they are too radical. They are not in touch with their base. John F. Kennedy is turning over in his grave wondering what happened to his party.


Now, what if Kerry was voted into office. He'd be giving millions (billions?) of dollars to N.Korea as compensation for not building nuclear weapons. However, that would not stop them from advancing their nuclear agenda. If all this sounds familiar then you are right. That is what happened when Clinton was in office. He tried to appease the threat instead of confronting it. When Bush came into office he realized that the US was being taken for a pansey. N.Korea didn't just start developing nuclear weapons when Bush got into office. It was going on before that and handled poorly by the Clinton administration. (I can go off in another direction and trash Clinton for selling satelite secrets to China.) Bush isn't scared to butt heads with those lying commie bastards, especially when the safety of our nation and it's allies are at stake.


You are an idiot who sounds like every other Rep. I know...a person who regurgitates what Rush Limbaugh throws on the air. Way to bash Clinton who helped our AMAZING deficit and didnt kill our budget, like Bush (who gave a crazy amount of tax breaks to the crazy rich and says the middle class will benefit from his dumb ass trickle down economics). You are definitely right...we need a guy who will "butt heads" with those "commie bastards" and really put them in thier place....YOU'RE AN IDIOT. Bush is the worst president in American history. He is well within his range of ruining our great country and what we stand for...We have no force to attack North Korea or any other country because we are too busy fighting for Iraq and their so called weapons of mass destruction as well as the Iraqi civilians who dont want freedom. I love how Bush has pretty much killed more Americans than were killed in 9/11 because of what happened with his father. The GOP and their lackeys continue to repeat and follow the hypocrite, Rush Limpaugh.


Wow. This is about the most uncalled for and hypocritical post I've ever seen. :-° :-b :-B

A lot of evidence you used to back up your, uh, speech.... :-?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11420
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby Coppermine » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:20 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:So before this gets locked, the U.S. is basically powerless to do anything to N. Korea cause they are being propped up by China. Unless we take the hard line against China or China agrees to punish N. Korea we basically have no options.


Sort of, China seems to have the most leverage at least and N. Korea knows it. They want "unilateral" talks with the United States so the pressure will be on us to confront them and make some sort of deal, but we are reasonably refusing such an offer unless N. Korea agrees to sit down with the U.S., S. Korea, Japan, China and perhaps Russia and a few other nations in that area. In any case, the only country whose sanctions can truly affect the N. Koreans is the Chinese, and they don't want to do it because it will completely destabilize their economy (not that it's even stable now).

Also, I think that diplomacy is an important part of politics. Butting heads is not always, and often not, the intelligent or most affective road.

Neither is calling someone an idiot.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 3 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Aug. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at Miami
(12:40 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Toronto at Milwaukee
(2:10 pm)
NY Mets at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Houston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Arizona at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
LA Angels at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
San Francisco at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Baltimore at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Diego at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact