North Korea pledges to test nuclear bomb - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

North Korea pledges to test nuclear bomb

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

North Korea pledges to test nuclear bomb

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:09 pm

I'm sure this will work out well.
link
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:19 pm

We all knew this was coming.

#1. We drop the ball by playing politics instead of getting Bin Laden by whatever means necessary.

#2. Saddam tests us since we showed how weak we are by not getting Bin Laden.

#3. We get Saddam in order to save a little face and remove an evil dictator from power, but we do it incredibly poorly.

#4. The rest of the world has watched and is well aware at how limp wristed and weak stomached our government has become.

#5. North Korea makes their move.

No shock at all here.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:53 pm

Mad, I think you are forgetting the 500 lb gorilla in the room.

China
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby acsguitar » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:55 pm

Why can other countries not have nukes but we can?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:08 pm

acsguitar wrote:Why can other countries not have nukes but we can?

duh...becasue they wont use them responsibly silly head ;-7
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:09 pm

Because we're the only ones who can be trusted with them, despite the fact, apparently, that we're the only country ever to actually use a nuke against someone else, and we're the only country fightening a pre-emptive war against another sovereign nation. Also, other countries have wackos as leaders, compared to our former alcoholic coke head president (allegedly).

If I were in charge of another country and I had the capabilities, you can bet I'd be working to develop them as fast as possible. Well...actually, I wouldn't, but I can understand why people do.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Coppermine » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:10 pm

We are so @#$%ed
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:19 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:

Because we're the only ones who can be trusted with them, despite the fact, apparently, that we're the only country ever to actually use a nuke against someone else, and we're the only country fightening a pre-emptive war against another sovereign nation. Also, other countries have wackos as leaders, compared to our former alcoholic coke head president (allegedly).

If I were in charge of another country and I had the capabilities, you can bet I'd be working to develop them as fast as possible. Well...actually, I wouldn't, but I can understand why people do.

i agree with all your points....Other countries are afraid of us and our bombs so they need to make bombs.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Fireball Express » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:19 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:

Building a nuclear weapon is a sure fire way for the United States to set it's crosshairs on you. The United States would not nuke a country if that country wasn't itself a nuclear threat to our great nation.

In the case of North Korea; what is the basis of their economy? They have very few natural resources and rely on China for food. Meanwhile, they build weapons (as well as make greater than perfect copies of US bills). They do this as a form of blackmail so they can get consessions from the US. If the North Koreans really wanted to help themselves they would develope other industries that would invigorate their economy.

The US has never dropped a nuclear bomb on any nation. Actually it was an atomic weapon not a nuclear weapon that we dropped on Japan. Get it straight! Let's look at that senario anyhow. Instead of attacking mainland Japan in order to end WWII, the US dropped an atomic bomb on Japan. This saved tens of thousands if not more lives of US servicemen. It kept our soldiers out of harms way. Now we didn't do this without warning Japan that we had a weapon that would wipe out a whole city. True to form, the Japanese didn't take heed. So we dropped the bomb. Then we asked for their unconditional surrender again or we would drop another one and wipe out another city. Still, they did not take heed. It's too bad for the people of Japan that they had a leader so pig headed and proud that he pretty much sent so many people to their graves.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:26 pm

Fireball Express wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:

Building a nuclear weapon is a sure fire way for the United States to set it's crosshairs on you. The United States would not nuke a country if that country wasn't itself a nuclear threat to our great nation.

In the case of North Korea; what is the basis of their economy? They have very few natural resources and rely on China for food. Meanwhile, they build weapons (as well as make greater than perfect copies of US bills). They do this as a form of blackmail so they can get consessions from the US. If the North Koreans really wanted to help themselves they would develope other industries that would invigorate their economy.

That's the main problem. They are never going to care about developing industries to create better conditions for their people, because Kim Jong-il doesn't care about the people. He has to do 1 thing in order to keep the country his, and that's make sure the military is on his side. How does he do that? Use all their money and resources to develop nuclear weapons and always give the military more money and support. So by developing nuclear weapons, he's actually strengthening his position, and there's really not much that can be done unless an outside force starts something (I'm not suggesting we should try and do this).

Also, Kim Il-sung put his son in charge of developing nuclear weapons and stuff, and since his father is such a holy figure in Juche, Kim Jong-il feels obligated to continue this, if for nothing else, his father.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk