Rays might deal Crawford? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rays might deal Crawford?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rays might deal Crawford?

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:57 am

For a WSox starter? Hard to believe they are that DUMB. Does TB realize that Crawford is the best talent on their team?

Rotoworld:
The White Sox are expected to make a play for Carl Crawford, a player Tampa Bay is said to be willing to move this offseason.

Chicago would have to part with one of its six starters, but at least that would open the door for Brandon McCarthy to finally move into the rotation. The Chisox would probably also need to deal one or two prospects.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:03 am

8-o ;-D

id give them any two of our starters for crawford.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yoda » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:05 am

It depends on who they get. I doubt they will just get one of their starters straight up for Crawford.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dyuen87 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:08 am

well if they can get McCarthy and Buerhle for Crawford i think it'd be okay. They're overloaded in OF talent and with those two + Kazmir, they should contend in 2007.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:10 am

Yoda wrote:It depends on who they get. I doubt they will just get one of their starters straight up for Crawford.

The WSox best starter is who...Garland?...CON-treras? Come on. Even wih a top prospect that is a joke for arguably onr of the best players in MLB.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:11 am

dyuen87 wrote:well if they can get McCarthy and Buerhle for Crawford i think it'd be okay. They're overloaded in OF talent and with those two + Kazmir, they should contend in 2007.

buhreles a free agent after this year. cant see him being part of this deal.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:14 am

dyuen87 wrote:well if they can get McCarthy and Buerhle for Crawford i think it'd be okay. They're overloaded in OF talent and with those two + Kazmir, they should contend in 2007.

Buerhle looks to be going down the Tim Hudson path. All those innings lok to be catching up with him. He was AWFUL this year. McCarthy has proven what exactly? Contend in the AL East...not with those 2 and no Crawford imo. You can make an argument that the Rays will never be able to contend in the AL East and I think you would be right. But even if all they want to do is lose salary and play a Marlins game, they can do better than going after a mediocre WSox starter.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bronxxbomber » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:30 am

It's just a rumor... The White Sox don't really have major prospects or even enough talent in the majors to make a play for Crawford. Although I'd love to see him play for Ozzie (I think he'd steal 100 bases). The Rays have been going slow in building this franchise, but they're making steady progress. I don't see them moving him unless they are certain he won't sign.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:39 am

bronxxbomber wrote:It's just a rumor... The White Sox don't really have major prospects or even enough talent in the majors to make a play for Crawford. Although I'd love to see him play for Ozzie (I think he'd steal 100 bases). The Rays have been going slow in building this franchise, but they're making steady progress. I don't see them moving him unless they are certain he won't sign.

Crawford is signed through 2010 and at a fairly reasonable price by today's standards considering his talent. This just looks like the Rays wanting to unload him before theyhave to pay that 8.25 M salary in 09 (see below). At those prices, Crawford is a steal for a team in a trade and should command a huge trade price.

Carl Crawford of
4 years/$15.25M (2005-08), plus 2009-10 club options

$0.5M signing bonus
05:$0.5M, 06:$2.5M, 07:$4M, 08:$5.25M, 09:$8.25M club option ($2.5M buyout), 10:$10M club option ($1.25M buyout)
2010 salary may increase to $11.5M with incentives
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:44 am

TheYanks04 wrote:
Yoda wrote:It depends on who they get. I doubt they will just get one of their starters straight up for Crawford.

The WSox best starter is who...Garland?...CON-treras? Come on. Even wih a top prospect that is a joke for arguably onr of the best players in MLB.

Well, since they dealt Gonzlaez and Hagwood for Thome, they don't have too many exciting pitching prospects.

I can see something like Contreras and McCarthy for Crawford if the Sox pick up most of the salary. But the deal doesn't make sense for either team and hence it is only a rumor.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers