Dynasty League commissioners advice / planning - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dynasty League commissioners advice / planning

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dynasty League commissioners advice / planning

Postby beowulf » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:17 am

Just finished the first season of our dynasty league with daily roster moves and weekly scoring system and it went well overall, ran into some problems that Im looking to fix now. Main problem was having to many SPs being picked up every day. Having votes on:

expanding the roster by 2 (Rosters right now are 16 active, 6 reserve and 3 minor leaguers)

eliminating the 10 points for Wins and replacing it with 5 for the win and 5 for a quality start and finally

implimenting a FA/ WW Auction system with 100 units per team, minimum bid of 1- Auctions to be run once a week Sunday nights before the scoring period begins on Monday. There are 2 DL slots which would be available at no "units" cost and immediate player pick up... Would it be better to have 2 days for porcessing the bids?

Hopefully these will resolve the major issues we had during our first year, but... I am beginning to notice primarily after looking at a couple of rosters that some teams drafted very heavily in the veterens side of the game and Im beginning to see the start of roster inequaties. IE the beginnings of a top heavy league where the bottom teams will find it harder to compete and also to make trades (they wont have anyone that other teams would want).

Granted, it is those teams owners own fault for drafting that way and not utilizing the FA Market but these are all good people and I dont want to lose any of them because they dont feel that they have a shot. Is there any way to work out this kind of situation without being unfair to the other owners? To keep the league viable?

Its my first commish gig and I want this to succeed
Also thanks to all the people whos ideas I looked hard at and decided to try.
Its "Evan" Longoria... NOT "Eva"
beowulf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:32 pm

I just could not see myself changing rules after Year 1 of the league to counteract roster inequalities. I might would consider it after year 5 or 6, but no chance after the first 2 or 3 years. It sometimes take a year or 2, but teams can be built back up. Making some trades for the under 25 group of players and stocking up on some minor leaguers is a good step for the weaker teams to equal out the league.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beowulf » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:47 pm

Not looking to change the roster inequitys right now, Im just looking to try to get an idea of what sorts of solutions might be out there for consideration at a later time. if some ideas can help to "revent" inequities from occuring in the first place then so much the better.

The changes being voted on right now are more for scoring purposes and also to try to keep down FA/ WW abuse of starting pitchers. With a daily moves league we want to use all the players we have on roster. So SPs were being abused in a way congressman Foley would be proud of.
Its "Evan" Longoria... NOT "Eva"
beowulf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers