Best way to compile stats - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best way to compile stats

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Best way to compile stats

Postby Joe LaCock » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:36 am

I am interested in seeing how different guys sort their stats when analyzing players for the next year. What program do you use? Is there a site which gives all the stats that you prefer over others? Thanks for any advice. Joe
Joe LaCock
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RugbyD » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:26 am

Excel, excel, and more Excel. just copy/paste from any site. also Access if you're a fancy-schmancy type.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby J35J » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:01 pm

Yeah Excel is really all you need, anything more is unneccisary IMO.

I've actually just finished getting all the '06 stats in my Excel spreadsheet and its just ready for me to input my '07 predictions in so I can rank them for next year. If anyone wants this spreadsheet so they can input there own '07 numbers just let me know and I can email it to ya. I use "fairly basic" formulas to quickly rank the players after you put in your '07 predictions. After my formulas rank the players I will then go in and change some of the orders based on "gut" feelings or whatever..... Anyway, I've been doing if for a few years now and I really like.

Other goodies in my spreadsheet are the players age (as of 6/1/07) and position eligibility (not quite finished with these yet) and a link to the ESPN players profile so you can quickly look them up online as well.

Anyway, good stuff!!! ;-D

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Return to Baseball Leftovers