Positives from 06 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

Positives from 06

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

Positives from 06

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:35 pm

Several good things happened for the Devil Rays this year.

1. Crawford continued his great play and is turning into a superstar. If we can ever get into the playoffs, so he can just show off his talent to all of baseball

2. Kazmir turned into the staff ace that we needed. He definitely improved over 05, and if he can stay healthy he can definitely become a great pitcher.

3. Baldelli came back from 18 months of injuries to show that he can indeed be our center fielder. I can't wait to see him next year when his knee and arm should be even stronger.

4. Delmon finally got the call. He played very good in the last month of the season, and lucky for us, did not get enough at bats to keep him from being AL ROY next year.

5. BJ got the call as well. He struggled with the bat most of the year, but hopefully some offseason clean up surgery will get his bat going again.

6. We have #1 pick in next years amateur draft and should, if signable, be able to grab David Price LHP Vanderbilt.

In other words the kids are here, now it is just whether Maddon can bring them together into a playoff worthy squad over the next 2 years. We still have some holes in our pitching but there is some good young talent in the low minors on their way up. I really think 2008 is our blow up year with the playoffs a possibility.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:31 pm

Need 1 solid trade this off-season (at least) to trade a hitter for a major-league ready starting pitcher, preferably two and then let them simmer in 2007 and go for it in 2008. The plan seems to be coming into shape. Now to see if it is any good.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:13 pm

Dawgpound 1613 wrote:Need 1 solid trade this off-season (at least) to trade a hitter for a major-league ready starting pitcher, preferably two and then let them simmer in 2007 and go for it in 2008. The plan seems to be coming into shape. Now to see if it is any good.

Those rumors are flowing pretty strong right now. I am hearing lots of Crawford for Willis + talk, and some Baldelli for Olsen talk as well. I know we have to make a deal but I would really hate to lose Crawford for basically any pitcher. I imagine one of Longoria or Brignac will be about ready for the bigs by this time next year, so a move has to be done to make room.

I honestly would not mind seeing a veteran #3 SP signed and then 3 or 4 guys for the bullpen signed, and see what happens next summer with this young offense, young starting pitching and a semi reliable bullpen.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:23 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:I honestly would not mind seeing a veteran #3 SP signed and then 3 or 4 guys for the bullpen signed, and see what happens next summer with this young offense, young starting pitching and a semi reliable bullpen.

That would be great but don't the think TB would have to overpay much like the Tigers did with I-Rod a couple of years ago.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:13 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:I honestly would not mind seeing a veteran #3 SP signed and then 3 or 4 guys for the bullpen signed, and see what happens next summer with this young offense, young starting pitching and a semi reliable bullpen.

That would be great but don't the think TB would have to overpay much like the Tigers did with I-Rod a couple of years ago.

Yea definitely. The Drays will have to overpay big time if they go after a player this year. Next year could be different depending on how Delmon, Upton, Baldelli, Niemann, and others perform this coming year though.
raiders_umpire

Return to Tampa Bay Rays