Do you think I have been hired for this job? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Do you think I have been hired for this job?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Do you think I have been hired for this job?

Postby Phatferd » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:14 pm

Well I think I have a new job. I was told to download w-4 information and have scheduled training days, but I was never told how much I'll be making or that I was hired. I am assuming I am hired if they want me to do all the filling out of w-4s and schedule training.

It is a telecommunication job for my school. I will call alumni and parents to inform them of events and ask for donations.

I want to know so I can give 2 weeks to my current job. Would it look bad to call back and ask if I have been hired to give my 2 weeks to my other job or should I wait until tomorrow (I have to go down and pick up a pre-training packet) and talk to them about it?
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Do you think I have been hired for this job?

Postby acsguitar » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:19 pm

Phatferd wrote:Well I think I have a new job. I was told to download w-4 information and have scheduled training days, but I was never told how much I'll be making or that I was hired. I am assuming I am hired if they want me to do all the filling out of w-4s and schedule training.

It is a telecommunication job for my school. I will call alumni and parents to inform them of events and ask for donations.

I want to know so I can give 2 weeks to my current job. Would it look bad to call back and ask if I have been hired to give my 2 weeks to my other job or should I wait until tomorrow (I have to go down and pick up a pre-training packet) and talk to them about it?

No call them and be like you have asked me to schedule training. i need to give 2 weeks to my current job is it ok for me to do that.

They will understand
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Re: Do you think I have been hired for this job?

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:23 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Phatferd wrote:Well I think I have a new job. I was told to download w-4 information and have scheduled training days, but I was never told how much I'll be making or that I was hired. I am assuming I am hired if they want me to do all the filling out of w-4s and schedule training.

That's what I would do. Then ask them to confirm your start date.

No call them and be like you have asked me to schedule training. i need to give 2 weeks to my current job is it ok for me to do that.

They will understand
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 384)

Postby Madison » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:45 pm

I'd doublecheck how much you'll be making and when they expect you to start before giving notice at your current job.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby eftda » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:50 pm

Make sure you get a writen copy of how much you will be making BEFORE you give your 2 weeks.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Phatferd » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:55 pm

I called the guy back, but got his voicemail.

As I was filling out the documents he told me to download off their website I noticed all the different things I was filling out. One was a document called, "Conditions of Employment Form (Required of New Hire)" and an Employee Verification form which is basically saying I am a legal US resident. Another document was this thing saying I would agree to follow all laws of the state of Arizona since I will be working for a government department (ASU). This is along with my W-4.

I had to call my current work to tell them I need off 3 days next week (for training of the new job) and they knew something was up and asked me why I needed 3 random days off and I just told them I have a bunch of tests next week at school and have study groups...
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Return to General Talk