Now is the time for better gun control - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Now is the time for better gun control

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:15 pm

brewcrew4you wrote:;-D

I figured anyone bringing a 1850s musket into the equation was just being a smartbutt.

But the real question is do you think a gun is more resilant than a Toyota Camry?

It's a tossup. Aren't there Volkswagens built in 1960 still running on the same engine now?

And just assume I'm always a smartbutt.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brewcrew4you » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:20 pm

Coppermine wrote:It's a tossup. Aren't there Volkswagens built in 1960 still running on the same engine now?

And just assume I'm always a smartbutt.

There are, a neighbor of mine owns one, and it runs just fine. I would classify her driving as equally as dangerous as a handgun, also. :-o

Also, does anyone know where the Cafe code of conduct sheet is? I obviously wanted to use another word in the other post, but I wasn't sure what's inappropriate in terms of naughty words - whether we can cuss, swear, or curse.
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:35 pm

brewcrew4you wrote:Also, does anyone know where the Cafe code of conduct sheet is? I obviously wanted to use another word in the other post, but I wasn't sure what's inappropriate in terms of naughty words - whether we can cuss, swear, or curse.

If in doubt, always best to use a different word. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Fireball Express » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:44 pm

Guns can be compared to automobiles in the sense that they will last a while if you maintain them properly. One of my guns is a Remington 30.06 bought in 1966 by my father. (gotta love hand me downs!) It works just as well now as the day he bought it b/c he maintained it properly and so do I.
Oh, and Toyotas are almost indestructable unless I get a hold of one. I have totalled 2 Corollas in my day.

We can also compare firearms and motor vehicles by saying that they both become dangerous when in the wrong hands.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:28 am

an 1850 musket would only have allowed the PA shooter to get one girl, at a lower muzzle velocity so less kinetic energy and then he would have gone down while fumbling to reload and shoot again.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk