Stand up for the Champions! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Stand up for the Champions!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby eftda » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:33 am

1st place in my money/keeper league. I still can't believe it. :-D :-) :-D :-)
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nettles3Ball-star » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:41 pm

I continued my streak of at least one title a year (I play 3-5/year all private) by winning my 12 team H2H dynasty league for the 2nd time in 3 years. That's the good news.

In my other 2 finals I lost handily. In the 12 team redraft I got crushed with no DLee, Pronk, Papelbon, Kazmir or Liriano (not even sure that would have helped). In the 12 team keeper I lost like 9-3 though the cats were closer. I'm still pretty happy though since I took this team over in the offseason and it finished in the bottom 3rd the year before. Honestly, if I have to give props for the turnaround they'd have to go to Matthews jr.
nettles3Ball-star
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby CBV » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:00 pm

I won my 18 team H2h title (and regular season) which i am very proud of.

also finished in 2nd in a 8 team roto (which is way less fun and interesting than h2h imo)

props to the cafe for the knowledge and insight! the injury/player update forum really helped!! ;-D

CBV
Vaughn: What's that sh*t on your chest?

Harris: Crisco, Bardol, Vagisil. Any one of them will give you another two to three inches drop on your curve ball.

Crisco Bardol Vagisil
CBV
College Coach
College Coach

Location: Home of 2005 World Series Champs! Beverly-South Side Chicago * GO SOX *

Postby RJ24VC15 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:10 pm

Congradulations to everyone that won. I've been getting ready for 07 for a while.
RJ24VC15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby sportsaddict » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:39 pm

I am the Champion of my big money league. I dominated- won the league by 30 games and destroyed in the playoffs.

thank you miguel cabrera, jose reyes, chase utley, justin morneau

and of course

the cafe

no thanks to josh beckett, noah lowry, randy johnson (to an extent), john patterson, doug davis (my staff in the beginning of the year)
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Double Play Ball » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:39 pm

Ughh. lost 6-5 in the finals. Tied in AVG and lost by .02 WHIP

It was a nice run though.
Too bad Liriano and Hafner couldn't be there when i really needed them
Double Play Ball
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazing Oopah » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:03 pm

what the heck... I won my championship match, 10-0, and my profile shows a second place trophy :-? :-? :-?
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Philly_05 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:09 pm

I won my league 12 team Fantasy Point Keeper. Won it by 44 pts I lead the league for almost the entire half gave the lead up just before the All Star Game. Most of that time I was about 200-300 pts above everyone. Then it took me till about sept to get back the lead. Then it was back and forth every day 1st and 2nd switching by about 10-20 pts. Then I finally broke open a 100 plus pt lead. Then was able to finish with the 44 pt lead for the 2006 Sandlot Championship. We were 500 plus pts above 3rd place so it was a 2 man race.

Oh and having Liriano Josh Johnson Hafner Manny Nick Johnson all going down for him helped also. }:-)

It was the first time I won in this league. I took over a dead team about 3-4 years ago. The team was not very good I rebuilt it. But then we had some turnover this past year about 3 or 4 people. Then we decided to make it a 12 team and not a 10 team. So all the people had an option of re drafting there entire team. Or protect some of your players. Then let the others go into the draft. Then every 4 or so rounds they could protect more of there players. An in those rounds they were able to draft from the player pool to replace players they had taken off there team by others.

In my only other baseball league I took it over mid season. I wasn't able to win but I brought it to 4th place. The top 4 were 200 pts above 5th place or more. I should be able to win that league next year after a good draft. But who knows what my keepers will be in that league since Liriano and Papelbon are big question marks now. An who knows what D Young will do for the D Rays hopefully become a stud. Only two for sures on that team Berkman and Hafner and then 2 question marks. Should be interesting.

Great job to all the champs of there leagues ;-D
Last edited by Philly_05 on Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 632)

Postby Smee » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:10 pm

Two 12 team head to head leagues, dominated both regular seasons. One championship and one runner up, it would be two championships but I lost the lead on sunday (last day of the playoffs!!)
Go 'Topes!
Smee
College Coach
College Coach

Postby brewcrew4you » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:24 pm

1st in a 9 team 5x5 roto,
2nd in a 20 team 5x5 H2H. both for money

and 2nd in a 3 man draft and forget league - no roster changes - lost by 1, 32-31. :*)
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers