Stand up for the Champions! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Stand up for the Champions!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby somervillesoxfan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:02 am

I won my big money friends league (10 team H2H) and I dominated in my roto league and finished with 115 pts. wire to wire in the roto league. I was in first for the whole season.

thanks cafe
somervillesoxfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Surfs up » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:16 am

I won my 12 team 5x5 AL only by 5 points. I ended up with 100.5 points. Now the fun begins. I have at least 14-15 players I would like to keep but can only keep 11.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 273)

Postby decoy562 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:55 am

This is my first season in fantasy baseball, I think I did pretty well:

1st of 12
1st of 10
1st of 12
1st of 12
2nd of 12
3rd of 12
4th of 12
9th of 12 (injuries :-t )

So...while 8 teams may be alot to keep up with, I won 4 and got trophies in 6 of 8. Not bad if I say so myself ;-D

-Chris
-Go Braves!
decoy562
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby J35J » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:12 am

Son of a #()%)@_@&)0 I was up 7-4 through the first week of the H2HWS Missouri league but then Atkins and company for the other team blew UP!!!! He smoked me the second week of the championship and I ended up losing 7-4 (12 cats)

..... oh well what can ya do? :~(

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 621)

Postby soxfan364 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:37 am

I won a H2H league championship in a 10 team league. Finished the regular season in 2nd. I was 1st most of the year and fell to 2nd on the final week, but got my revenge in the playoffs thanks to great offense by Lance Berkman, Garret Atkins, JD Drew all with 4 HR's each.
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby chris8 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:41 am

Proud to say that I managed, narrowly (6-5) to defend my H2H World Series title! :-)

Also won a roto league with other Cafe members, mainly thanks to trading Carlos Beltran for Johan Santana at the end of July. Losing Beltran cost me a couple of points in the power cats, but Johan won me a good deal more in wins, Ks and the ratios. ;-D

Two other leagues with Cafe members - finished a distant 3rd in the 16-team Hot Stove, and blew a comfortable lead in an NL-only to finish 4th - not my finest moment! !+)
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 135)

Postby TDS-MN » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:49 am

I took both H2H leagues I was playing in this year.

Even though I ran Harden out there, and had to deal with the 14.73 ERA for the day. Thankfully I decided to keep Webb and his 15.75 on the bench in one league, and Bonderman and his 8.31 in the other.

Pretty much all year, it was pitching that kept me up at or near the top. Started league one in 6th place, and climbed to first in week 6. Dropped to 3rd by week nine, and then re-took the top spot in week 12, and didn't look back.

Second league started out strong, and held 1st place for 3 weeks. Ooops, dropped to 5th in week five, and battles back to 1st in week 12, ironically like the other league. Had an opponent squeak past me in week 20, dropped me to second, where the regular season ended.

I gained a lot of good insight from the Cafe, and a few great tips on timely pickups during the season. I still realize I'm bad at trades, only made one all year, gave Verlander to get Howard, right after the ASB. I've got to learn how to rate other teams better, and find opportunities. But no matter, I can't argue with the results.

Now it's time to deal with the FBB withdrawls. At least I've got the Twins to pull for in the REAL baseball playoffs. Congrats to all the rest of the winners out there this year.
TomS.
'12 H2H season standings:
Team 1 = 140 - 118 - 12, 4 OF 12
Team 2 = 84 - 97 - 9, 6 OF 8
TDS-MN Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby scr » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:59 am

Finished 2nd place this year-roto league. To note, For the last 10 years I was a perennial last place team because I did not devote the necessary time to fantasy. Last year around the allstar break I had had enough of getting trounced and discovered the cafe.

Entering the spring 2007 draft, my keepers are:
Hafner OF SAL: $28
Ethier OF SAL: $3
Delmond Young OF SAL: $5
Kendrick 2B SAL: $1
Zimmerman 3B SAL: $4
Verlander SP SAL: $5
Hamels SP SAL: $3
Smoltz SP SAL: $14
Liriano SP SAL: $5
C. Ray RP SAL: $17

10 roster spots filled at $85. bucks leaves 12 spots open and a remaining budget of $ 175. I am still deciding whether to keep Napoli at a buck...got to wait on that one.

Can't wait 'till the spring draft!
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:52 am

I was down by something like 5.5 points with two weeks to play, but overcame that to win Wrveres' Infamous NL Only League by three points.

I'd like to thank Garret Atkins for making this all possible.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:56 am

chris8 wrote:Proud to say that I managed, narrowly (6-5) to defend my H2H World Series title! :-)

That is quite the accomplishment. Big ups on that Chris. ;-D ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers