Grimsley Affidavit (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Grimsley Affidavit (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JTWood » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:32 pm

Amazinz wrote:
mweir145 wrote:I'm really surprised at the lack of media coverage this story has gotten so far. You have to wonder if it would be different if it involved Bonds instead of Clemens... :-?

I think it would absolutely receive more media coverage if it was about Bonds. The media definitely despises Bonds because he's rejected them. I just don't agree that it's racially motivated. If that was the case they would be taking it to Sosa, Tejada, Sheffield, etc., the way they do Bonds.

Completely agree, and I think this is a shining example of the lack of objectivity that exists in the sports media.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Krunk City King$ » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:52 am

Kurtangletn wrote:What a shock, I'd say Clemens started early too...i'd say near the end of his sox tenure..

Pettite basically got it from clemens, and came back into camp throwing 3-5mph faster, and was alot bigger. Magic man?

Tejada is really a "No kidding?" thing but i still want to make myself think he is clean...

I have had my suspicions about Clemens all along. His name has even popped up several times on a couple of national sports radio shows from anonymous sources after Bondsgate. But nobody did any offical investigating. And nobody took any bait that was dropped in the water.

When I heard the ICY HOT story from the WBC, I was like was like 8-o he could have easily used that to disguise the cream and the clear.

:-t
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 14)

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:19 pm

Anyone else think Clemens and Pettitte looked like they were lying in their interviews?
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:23 pm

When are people going to stop caring what other people put into their bodies? This is ridiculous.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby OREO fan » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:18 am

wrveres wrote:what exactly did Sammy do again?
Other than pure speculation by a bitter Chicago media, I have yet to see anybody come forward and claim to have injected, sold, bought from, watched or have first hand account of Sammy doing even Creatine. .. not one.

He corked a bat. Whooptee doo. He didn't hit 60 plus homers three times with a corked bat. I can promise you that.
Plenty of people have corked a bat. It didn't get them run out of town ..

I found this a bit amusing since this was the main reason given in some other threads about why Babe Ruth's accomplishments were just as tainted as Barry Bonds' (steroids) and Hank Aaron's (greenies). Suddenly "trick bats" only deserve a "Whooptee doo" when it fits in with your current argument. Interesting.
OREO fan
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers