Grimsley Affidavit (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Grimsley Affidavit (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mak1277 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:45 am

I think all of this information should be sealed for the good of the people of the United States.

Proving that Clemens, Petitte, or whoever was on something doesn't do any good for anybody at all. Somebody powerful should have buried this stuff so deep it would never be found.

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil....
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:08 am

wrveres wrote:
Old_Style wrote:
wrveres wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:Id like to see if all the Bonds haters now turn into Clemens haters, Pettite haters, etc.

it will never happen ..
A) They are white.
B) They played for the Yankees
C) ESPN is giving this story very little play.

and the fact that bonds is chasing after a legendary record while the otehr two aren't.

umm..

they found the stuff in Marks locker before he broke that legendary record.

nobody cared.

Andro was legal in the MLB then.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 103)

Postby Doughhead » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:14 am

wrveres wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:Id like to see if all the Bonds haters now turn into Clemens haters, Pettite haters, etc.

it will never happen ..
A) They are white.B) They played for the Yankees

That is SUCH crap. It's so easy to play the race card. Don't consider the fact that Bonds is chasing a legendary and beloved record and the fact that he is so unlikeable and defiant.

If I remember correctly, most people were hoping Sosa would break the Maris record back in 1998--not McGwire (mostly because Sosa was a more interesting personality). And McGwire is generally vilified more than Sosa now--even though major questions exist on both their resumes (including the bat-corking incident for Sosa). And let's not forget that many of the so-called Bonds haters are protecting the legitimate record of an African American hero in Hank Aaron (a guy that broke an even more beloved record in the face of unfathomable hatred). Hank Aaron was an American hero. Barry Bonds is a self-motivated, egomaniacal cheat.

To chalk this up to a racial issue is immature, short-sighted, and unproductive.
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:20 am

mak1277 wrote:I think all of this information should be sealed for the good of the people of the United States.

Proving that Clemens, Petitte, or whoever was on something doesn't do any good for anybody at all. Somebody powerful should have buried this stuff so deep it would never be found.

Right... :-? When Bonds is accused of steroid use, we start a witch hunt, but when Clemens and Pettite get accused we turn the other cheek. Plain ignorance.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:47 am

The_Met_Threat wrote:
mak1277 wrote:I think all of this information should be sealed for the good of the people of the United States.

Right... :-? When Bonds is accused of steroid use, we start a witch hunt, but when Clemens and Pettite get accused we turn the other cheek. Plain ignorance.

It is laughable. I actually heard Mike Lupica say that "Grimsley had no credability, at least not like Canseco did". If anybody didn't get a chance to watch this mornings Sports Reporters, I do suggest catching one of the re-runs if you can. It was hilarious, and overly apparent that this whole issue is going to get glossed over.

Its Roger Clemons for gods sake, an ESPN media darling. This is the same organization that ran a 3 hour extended Sports Center this summer, and had the desk crew call a Roger Clemens minor legue game, LIVE ... And now, these same people that create the pulse for the sheep are saying ..

"Ah, nobody cares anymore, It is just names, names, names and more names, no big deal"

Heellloo ESPN ... Its The Rocket! Its YOUR Rocket!

I can't say I am not shocked ... Yep, this will get one big gloss over by ESPN.

Now, had Terrell Owens name been on that transcript, they would of run a hour long special on what TO pooped after breakfast. Actually one of the Sports Reporters actually accused TO of that, but that is a different story alltogether .. sheesh

And If people still don't believe that the media has the power to make or break an athlete, just ask the average joe walking down the street who Danika Patrick is.

nope folks, the jig is up.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1147)

Postby wrveres » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:03 pm

Doughhead wrote:
wrveres wrote:

it will never happen ..
A) They are white.B) They played for the Yankees

That is SUCH crap. It's so easy to play the race card. Don't consider the fact that Bonds is chasing a legendary and beloved record and the fact that he is so unlikeable and defiant.

If I remember correctly, most people were hoping Sosa would break the Maris record back in 1998--not McGwire (mostly because Sosa was a more interesting personality). And McGwire is generally vilified more than Sosa now--even though major questions exist on both their resumes (including the bat-corking incident for Sosa). And let's not forget that many of the so-called Bonds haters are protecting the legitimate record of an African American hero in Hank Aaron (a guy that broke an even more beloved record in the face of unfathomable hatred). Hank Aaron was an American hero. Barry Bonds is a self-motivated, egomaniacal cheat.

To chalk this up to a racial issue is immature, short-sighted, and unproductive.

what exactly did Sammy do again?
Other than pure speculation by a bitter Chicago media, I have yet to see anybody come forward and claim to have injected, sold, bought from, watched or have first hand account of Sammy doing even Creatine. .. not one.

He corked a bat. Whooptee doo. He didn't hit 60 plus homers three times with a corked bat. I can promise you that.
Plenty of people have corked a bat. It didn't get them run out of town ..

what did he do.

On the other hand
Mark was given a pass for years, had freeways named after him. Until he stepped all over it.

Giambi, still is to this day. Heck he is applauded for calling out the MVP, and calling out his old teamates.

Here in San Diego, The Padres celebrate Ken Caminitti.

Alex Sanchez, Raffy, Sosa, Bonds, they needed to go, and according to the Media, the sooner the better ..

"Billy Beane was a genius for getting rid of Tejada."

you see the pattern?
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1147)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:29 pm

Sheffield (black) was basically given a free pass by the NY media, partly because they were too busy tar and feathering Giambi (white). It relaxed substantially after his public apology and it dissipated entirely after his offensive resurgence but therein lies the rub. There are a lot of ignoble reasons why the media and we as fans choose to crucify some and pardon others but I do not believe race is one of them. I am sure there are racists who enjoy persecuting Bonds because he is black but I believe they are by far the minority.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mak1277 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:32 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:

Waaaait just a minute. I do see how my post could elicit your response, but for the record, Bonds has been my favorite player since I was 9 years old, so I FULLY put him in the same sentence as I wrote about Clemens/Pettite...that was the real reason for my use of "whoever".

I want to turn the other cheek on EVERYONE.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:35 pm

Ok thats fine that you support Bonds, but you cant just turn the other cheek on steroids. You have to realize that the majority of major leaguers are using or have used performance enhancing drugs.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mak1277 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:39 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:Ok thats fine that you support Bonds, but you cant just turn the other cheek on steroids. You have to realize that the majority of major leaguers are using or have used performance enhancing drugs.

Ah, you're completely missing my point. What I am saying is that I just flat out don't want to know who is or isn't on them. I don't care.

I don't want to hear about steroids at all. I want to watch baseball, end of story. If 0%, 10% or 100% of players are on steroids, I frankly don't care in the slightest little bit.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers