Grimsley Affidavit (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Grimsley Affidavit (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby moochman » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:05 pm

slomo007 wrote:I've pretty much lost all interest in these investigations. Who really cares at this point? Baseball has seemingly turned the page and as long as this is behind us there's no point in dwelling on the past. :-[

This is exactly what Bud Lite and mlb is hoping fans think. Everytime I hear Bud talk about how "now we are implementing test..." I hear "Congress won't leave it alone so we have to do something"

Cripes you have your top HR hitter, argueably one of the best of all time under a huge cloud of suspicion, your all time hits leader banned from baseball, and every time your turn your head another player is linked to cheating. You just cannot turn a blind eye, that's how we got into this mess. mlb has a huge problem here with the credibility of the game at stake. I hope they can expose and shame as many of these abusers as they find. You cannot build a house on a foundation of clay.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Members Only Jackets » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:33 pm

Tejada looks fatter, not more muscular...
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby option245 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:44 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
garf112 wrote:
option245 wrote:
garf112 wrote:yet another reason why Billy Beane is a genius. He sold high before stuff hit the fan. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out Hudson and Mulder were on the 'roids, too.

huh? Tejada was a free agent signing for the Orioles.

Yes, he let both Giambi and Tejada go via free agency, and held onto Eric Chavez. "Sold high" was probably not the proper term. Nonetheless, he let the both of them go before everything came out about HGH and the roids.

Giambi would still be in Oakland if Beane would have given him a no trade clause. Seems more like dumb luck than anything.

And nothing has been proven about Tejada. Only that he is linked to an ongoing investigation which I would imagine dozens of ballplayers are.

Exactly. And I don't know if letting Tejada go was so "great" for the A's anyways.

H/AB R HR RBI SB AVG
2006 96/308 54 16 54 4 .312
2005 199/654 89 26 98 5 .304
2004 203/653 107 34 150 4 .311

Crosby
2006 61/248 31 8 32 4 .246
2005 92/333 66 9 38 0 .276
2004 130/545 70 22 64 7 .239

That's a big drop off and I'm sure they would love to have a steroid-free Giambi back the way he's hitting the ball right now.
option245
College Coach
College Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:30 pm

Tejadas huge 150 rbi season is definitly questionable compared to his other seasons stats
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:35 pm

acsguitar wrote:Tejadas huge 150 rbi season is definitly questionable compared to his other seasons stats

RBI are a function of how many times he came to the plate with runners on. I don't see how any steroid would help with that. :-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby mikhayl » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:36 pm

Members Only Jackets wrote:Tejada looks fatter, not more muscular...

Tejada's also avoided the injuries associated with the other roiders. I really don't think a juicer could play SS the way he does...then again, I wouldn't think a fatty could do it either :-b
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:49 pm

:-/ :-[
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Zito is God » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:00 pm

I can't believe there are people who actually overlook this stuff and mark it as "what happened, happened". MLB has done a terrible job at solving the problem, and the owners don't care as long as they get the W's. If they could come to their senses and donate a small amount of profit for research and find a way to detect HGH.

I am sick of all this Player's Assosication involvement. They get all defensive and start claiming that full out steroid testing and HGH testing and blood testing won't be approved. Guess what guys, you work for the owners, you'll do as told. This isn't hockey where you can go and play in Europe, you're pretty much screwed if you wanna quit (No, Japan won't take that many players in). If a player is unwilling to comply it kinda shows that he is somehow involved to begin with. I don't see anything wrong with agreeing to be tested as aplayer if I know that A) I am not a user, and B) It will help the sport. I have been in favor of some of the Player Assosiation moves in the past, like the 10 year rule and other benefits to the players, but this on their part is quite ridiculius.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Krunk City King$ » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:09 pm

from rotoworld:

Miguel Tejada - SS - Orioles

The Washington Post has corrected an earlier report that stated Miguel Tejeda had been linked to the ongoing investigation involving Jason Grimsley's affidavit.
No link has been established. The rumors will continue, but if Tejada's name is in the affadavit, no one is going public with it. Jun. 27 - 5:09 pm et
Source: Washington Post
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:06 pm

Krunk City King$ wrote:from rotoworld:

Miguel Tejada - SS - Orioles

The Washington Post has corrected an earlier report that stated Miguel Tejeda had been linked to the ongoing investigation involving Jason Grimsley's affidavit.
No link has been established. The rumors will continue, but if Tejada's name is in the affadavit, no one is going public with it. Jun. 27 - 5:09 pm et
Source: Washington Post

Weird.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers