100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Grimsley Affidavit (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tejada linked to the Grimsley Reaper?

Postby Krunk City King$ » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:13 am

Report: Tejada linked to Grimsley?

Miguel Tejada - SS - BAL - Jun. 27 - 9:48 am et
The Washington Post reports that Miguel Tejada has been linked to the ongoing investigation involving Jason Grimsley's affidavit.
We're not sure why this tidbit was treated as an aside and buried in the 12th paragraph of the column. It is the first confirmation we've seen of the Tejada link to the Grimsley affidavit, although there have been rumors. Grimsley and Tejada played together for parts of two seasons in Baltimore and the newspaper speculates that Tejada has been "sulking some of late" due to being linked to Grimsley. The increasing trade rumors probably aren't helping either. Jun. 27 - 9:48 am et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 031&spln=1
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Trot Nixon » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:14 am

uh ohhhhhhhhhhh :-t
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:17 am

I've pretty much lost all interest in these investigations. Who really cares at this point? Baseball has seemingly turned the page and as long as this is behind us there's no point in dwelling on the past. :-[
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

damn tejeda

Postby jake_harv88 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:18 am

wow the orioles have issues. As an Orioles fan it really hurts to see something like this. I have always thought that Tejada is a great example of a pure baseball player. He plays for the love of the game and enjoys every minute of it. This would really hurt his reputaion, but i'll wait to see how it pans out before i jump on any "rumors"...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Re: damn tejeda

Postby Krunk City King$ » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:30 am

jake_harv88 wrote:wow the orioles have issues. As an Orioles fan it really hurts to see something like this. I have always thought that Tejada is a great example of a pure baseball player. He plays for the love of the game and enjoys every minute of it. This would really hurt his reputaion, but i'll wait to see how it pans out before i jump on any "rumors"...

I had doubts about him since he shared the locker room with giambi and mark macquire. He got a little bigger in size also.

Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby garf112 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:34 am

yet another reason why Billy Beane is a genius. He sold high before stuff hit the fan. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out Hudson and Mulder were on the 'roids, too.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby option245 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:13 pm

garf112 wrote:yet another reason why Billy Beane is a genius. He sold high before stuff hit the fan. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out Hudson and Mulder were on the 'roids, too.

huh? Tejada was a free agent signing for the Orioles.
option245
College Coach
College Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:15 pm

Looks like Palmeiro was right... ;-7 :-D
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby garf112 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:15 pm

option245 wrote:
garf112 wrote:yet another reason why Billy Beane is a genius. He sold high before stuff hit the fan. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out Hudson and Mulder were on the 'roids, too.

Yes, he let both Giambi and Tejada go via free agency, and held onto Eric Chavez. "Sold high" was probably not the proper term. Nonetheless, he let the both of them go before everything came out about HGH and the roids.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:18 pm

garf112 wrote:
option245 wrote:

Yes, he let both Giambi and Tejada go via free agency, and held onto Eric Chavez. "Sold high" was probably not the proper term. Nonetheless, he let the both of them go before everything came out about HGH and the roids.

Giambi would still be in Oakland if Beane would have given him a no trade clause. Seems more like dumb luck than anything.

And nothing has been proven about Tejada. Only that he is linked to an ongoing investigation which I would imagine dozens of ballplayers are.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers