A-Ram to Be Free Agent in 2007? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

A-Ram to Be Free Agent in 2007?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A-Ram to Be Free Agent in 2007?

Postby JTWood » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:26 pm

BleedCubbieBlue.com wrote:Though there was apparently a verbal agreement, as Will Carroll reported, between Aramis Ramirez and the Cubs on a new contract, the deal was never signed and it now appears that Ramirez is going to test the free agent waters. The verbal agreement apparently was made before Ramirez had his hot-hitting September.

I don't know who this "Al" guy is or how reliable he is, but what's A-Ram's current contract?
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Postby Another Blown Save » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:13 am

Currently he has 2 years left on his contract with a mutual option for 09
07 11M
08 11.5M
09 11M
Mutual option becomes guranteed if he playes 270 games between 07 and 08.

However, there is one clause in the contract that allows him to opt for free agency after the 06 season.

So if he and his agent thinks he can make more than 11M or if Aramis wants to go to a winning team, he may decide to test the market as the article says.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 5385
Joined: 21 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:19 am

Another Blown Save wrote:However, there is one clause in the contract that allows him to opt for free agency after the 06 season.

So if he and his agent thinks he can make more than 11M or if Aramis wants to go to a winning team, he may decide to test the market as the article says.
I think the Angels would be a prime canidate.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 337)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby johnsamo » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:28 pm

The word in Anglesville is Aram is a target... That Angels Owner basicaly told the GM, I'm breaking out the checkbook and we're signing a big bat to protect Vladdy. Top 3 rumors are A-Ram, Soriano and Cliff Lee and the Angels are leaning A-Ram Making Izturus a platooning lefty bat that rotates at 2nd, short and 3rd and maybe even some first.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1826
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Los Angeles

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:32 am

johnsamo wrote:The word in Anglesville is Aram is a target... That Angels Owner basicaly told the GM, I'm breaking out the checkbook and we're signing a big bat to protect Vladdy. Top 3 rumors are A-Ram, Soriano and Cliff Lee and the Angels are leaning A-Ram Making Izturus a platooning lefty bat that rotates at 2nd, short and 3rd and maybe even some first.


Ok...this is a cooky theory of mine but I've backed it up with over 500 ab's worth of numbers in one of the articles that you can get to with the link in my sig.

Aramis Ramirez can not play in cold weather.

So...how's the weather in Anaheim? Is it nice? Ever get cold and rainy during baseball season? I've GOT to think it's better weather than Chicago though so Aramis might be a really good fit there.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby johnsamo » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:11 pm

Nice and warm.... Not as homer friendly as Wrigley, but it's not a pitcher's park by any stretch either. Also, a very friendly latino-organization. Scioscia speaks fluent spanish, the majority-owner is Mexican-American...

There is the "Angel Way" though... hotheads and loafers get shipped out pretty fast, see Jose Guillen. Scioscia's the coach and he calls the shots and any grumbling better be in the cluhouse behind close doors... Haven't heard of any personal issues regarding Aram though, and I figure the Angels wouldn't be targeting him if there were any.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1826
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Los Angeles

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:44 pm

johnsamo wrote:Nice and warm.... Not as homer friendly as Wrigley, but it's not a pitcher's park by any stretch either. Also, a very friendly latino-organization. Scioscia speaks fluent spanish, the majority-owner is Mexican-American...

There is the "Angel Way" though... hotheads and loafers get shipped out pretty fast, see Jose Guillen. Scioscia's the coach and he calls the shots and any grumbling better be in the cluhouse behind close doors... Haven't heard of any personal issues regarding Aram though, and I figure the Angels wouldn't be targeting him if there were any.


Aram's only 'personal issue' is that he strains his groin, hammy or buttocks any time he plays in weather under 50 degrees...otherwise he seems to be a pretty good guy. ;)
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:35 pm

Cliff Lee doesn't seem like very good protection for Vlad. ;-7 :-b

It will be interesting to see what ARam does. I hope he doesn't go to the Angels, since then I'd have to hate him. Maybe we can trade Tru to the Angels and sign Aramis for ourselves. :-D

Although if he can't play in the cold it would be a rough April for him in Seattle, that's for sure, although it probably isn't as cold in Seattle as it is in Chicago.

Should be interesting to say the least. :-)
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13710
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Building a metric. And being ignorable and stupid.

Postby JTWood » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:56 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:
johnsamo wrote:Nice and warm.... Not as homer friendly as Wrigley, but it's not a pitcher's park by any stretch either. Also, a very friendly latino-organization. Scioscia speaks fluent spanish, the majority-owner is Mexican-American...

There is the "Angel Way" though... hotheads and loafers get shipped out pretty fast, see Jose Guillen. Scioscia's the coach and he calls the shots and any grumbling better be in the cluhouse behind close doors... Haven't heard of any personal issues regarding Aram though, and I figure the Angels wouldn't be targeting him if there were any.


Aram's only 'personal issue' is that he strains his groin, hammy or buttocks any time he plays in weather under 50 degrees...otherwise he seems to be a pretty good guy. ;)

He does what to Hammy???

Image
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Postby moose32 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:51 pm

being in a keeper league I hope he ends up in Texas or Arizona to stay nice and warm
moose32
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2121
Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact