Here Comes The ... Baby - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Here Comes The ... Baby

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:30 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
BritSox wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
BritSox wrote:Considering 40% of British children are born outside marriage though... it's a catch-all insult, like 'wanker.' The truth or otherwise of the allegatiion is rather beside the point.


Whether it's not the '19th Century' or not, some people, a lot of people, still consider having children, shoot, having sex, out of wed-lock, wrong. You may not consider it wrong and you are entitled to your opinion, as are they.


What I meant by 'not the 19th century' is that the proportion of modern Britons who do hold that opinion is absolutely minuscule, especially amongst the generation currently raising children. So the kid's not going to get any hassle over it, as it's as common to be born without as within.


fortunately...you're probably right here in the states as well. :-[


Fixed.


Just because something is 'acceptable', does not make it right, beneficial, healthy, or moral. I'll stick with 'unfortunately' since I was referencing the 'it's as common to be born without as within.' statement, not the children being harassed because of it. It's unfortunate what kids have to go through because of the stupidity and irresponsibility of their parents.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11420
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:33 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
BritSox wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
BritSox wrote:Considering 40% of British children are born outside marriage though... it's a catch-all insult, like 'wanker.' The truth or otherwise of the allegatiion is rather beside the point.


Whether it's not the '19th Century' or not, some people, a lot of people, still consider having children, shoot, having sex, out of wed-lock, wrong. You may not consider it wrong and you are entitled to your opinion, as are they.


What I meant by 'not the 19th century' is that the proportion of modern Britons who do hold that opinion is absolutely minuscule, especially amongst the generation currently raising children. So the kid's not going to get any hassle over it, as it's as common to be born without as within.


fortunately...you're probably right here in the states as well. :-[


Fixed.


Just because something is 'acceptable', does not make it right, beneficial, healthy, or moral. I'll stick with 'unfortunately' since I was referencing the 'it's as common to be born without as within.' statement, not the children being harassed because of it. It's unfortunate what kids have to go through because of the stupidity and irresponsibility of their parents.


I understand your point and agree in certain circumstances but, unless I missed something, weren't these parents trying to do the and have their child be raised in a 2 parent home?? I didn't read every post here so I might have missed something.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:40 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
BritSox wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
BritSox wrote:Considering 40% of British children are born outside marriage though... it's a catch-all insult, like 'wanker.' The truth or otherwise of the allegatiion is rather beside the point.


Whether it's not the '19th Century' or not, some people, a lot of people, still consider having children, shoot, having sex, out of wed-lock, wrong. You may not consider it wrong and you are entitled to your opinion, as are they.


What I meant by 'not the 19th century' is that the proportion of modern Britons who do hold that opinion is absolutely minuscule, especially amongst the generation currently raising children. So the kid's not going to get any hassle over it, as it's as common to be born without as within.


fortunately...you're probably right here in the states as well. :-[


Fixed.


Just because something is 'acceptable', does not make it right, beneficial, healthy, or moral. I'll stick with 'unfortunately' since I was referencing the 'it's as common to be born without as within.' statement, not the children being harassed because of it. It's unfortunate what kids have to go through because of the stupidity and irresponsibility of their parents.


I understand your point and agree in certain circumstances but, unless I missed something, weren't these parents trying to do the and have their child be raised in a 2 parent home?? I didn't read every post here so I might have missed something.


This may be their objective, their intention, but rarely does this actually work in the child's favor. Remarrying is worse than divorcing, imo. The kid's going to feel as if they're not as important anymore, more kids could be made leaving the initial kid without a real 'place'. The parent obviously made a bad judgement call initially. What makes her/him think this time will be any different?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11420
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:41 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
BritSox wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
BritSox wrote:Considering 40% of British children are born outside marriage though... it's a catch-all insult, like 'wanker.' The truth or otherwise of the allegatiion is rather beside the point.


Whether it's not the '19th Century' or not, some people, a lot of people, still consider having children, shoot, having sex, out of wed-lock, wrong. You may not consider it wrong and you are entitled to your opinion, as are they.


What I meant by 'not the 19th century' is that the proportion of modern Britons who do hold that opinion is absolutely minuscule, especially amongst the generation currently raising children. So the kid's not going to get any hassle over it, as it's as common to be born without as within.


fortunately...you're probably right here in the states as well. :-[


Fixed.


Just because something is 'acceptable', does not make it right, beneficial, healthy, or moral. I'll stick with 'unfortunately' since I was referencing the 'it's as common to be born without as within.' statement, not the children being harassed because of it. It's unfortunate what kids have to go through because of the stupidity and irresponsibility of their parents.


I understand your point and agree in certain circumstances but, unless I missed something, weren't these parents trying to do the and have their child be raised in a 2 parent home?? I didn't read every post here so I might have missed something.


We've kind of gone off on a tangent are talking in a general sense now, not really directly discussing the article.

Anyway, Omaha, I was referencing the "the proportion of modern Britons who do hold that opinion is absolutely miniscule" part. Although, I'd argue that what the kids go through isn't because of the 'stupid and irresponsible' actions of their parents, but because of the stupid and irresponsible actions the the people who judge either the kid or the parent based on when the child was born.
Image
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:43 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
BritSox wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
BritSox wrote:Considering 40% of British children are born outside marriage though... it's a catch-all insult, like 'wanker.' The truth or otherwise of the allegatiion is rather beside the point.


Whether it's not the '19th Century' or not, some people, a lot of people, still consider having children, shoot, having sex, out of wed-lock, wrong. You may not consider it wrong and you are entitled to your opinion, as are they.


What I meant by 'not the 19th century' is that the proportion of modern Britons who do hold that opinion is absolutely minuscule, especially amongst the generation currently raising children. So the kid's not going to get any hassle over it, as it's as common to be born without as within.


fortunately...you're probably right here in the states as well. :-[


Fixed.


Just because something is 'acceptable', does not make it right, beneficial, healthy, or moral. I'll stick with 'unfortunately' since I was referencing the 'it's as common to be born without as within.' statement, not the children being harassed because of it. It's unfortunate what kids have to go through because of the stupidity and irresponsibility of their parents.


I understand your point and agree in certain circumstances but, unless I missed something, weren't these parents trying to do the and have their child be raised in a 2 parent home?? I didn't read every post here so I might have missed something.


We've kind of gone off on a tangent are talking in a general sense now, not really directly discussing the article.

Anyway, Omaha, I was referencing the "the proportion of modern Britons who do hold that opinion is absolutely miniscule" part. Although, I'd argue that what the kids go through isn't because of the 'stupid and irresponsible' actions of their parents, but because of the stupid and irresponsible actions the the people who judge either the kid or the parent based on when the child was born.


No, BritSox clearly stated that this wasn't an issue in England. I don't believe it's much of an issue here either.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying...
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11420
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: assiquate and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Jul. 26
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(4:05 pm)
Washington at Cincinnati
(4:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Houston
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Oakland at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Pittsburgh at Colorado
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact