Here Comes The ... Baby - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Here Comes The ... Baby

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Here Comes The ... Baby

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:43 pm

Here comes the bride ... and her new baby

Thu Sep 28, 7:49 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - A bride walked down the aisle only 11 hours after giving birth to her first child.

Nicky Heys went into labor three months early on the night before her big day, but still managed to get to the church on time.

The 35-year-old secretary gave birth to a son, Harry, weighing just 1 lb 12 oz (800 grams), the Daily Mirror newspaper reported on Thursday.

At first she thought her stomach pains were pre-wedding jitters, but was rushed to hospital when they worsened.

She said: "A few hours after the birth, the doctor asked if we had anything to do today. I said: 'I've got a wedding to go to -- it's mine'."

She and husband Neal Agar received a standing ovation from friends and relatives in the church in Bristol, southwest England.

They went to the reception and enjoyed a dance before going back to hospital. They canceled their honeymoon in the Maldives to be with their son, who is in an incubator.

"We ended up spending our wedding night with Nicky in a hospital bed and me on a sheet on the floor -- but we are so happy," Agar said.


A number of questions abound about this story, but I'm shocked that a new mother could leave her baby in the hospital, in that condition, to get married and go to the reception.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: Here Comes The ... Baby

Postby acsguitar » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:44 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Here comes the bride ... and her new baby

Thu Sep 28, 7:49 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - A bride walked down the aisle only 11 hours after giving birth to her first child.

Nicky Heys went into labor three months early on the night before her big day, but still managed to get to the church on time.

The 35-year-old secretary gave birth to a son, Harry, weighing just 1 lb 12 oz (800 grams), the Daily Mirror newspaper reported on Thursday.

At first she thought her stomach pains were pre-wedding jitters, but was rushed to hospital when they worsened.

She said: "A few hours after the birth, the doctor asked if we had anything to do today. I said: 'I've got a wedding to go to -- it's mine'."

She and husband Neal Agar received a standing ovation from friends and relatives in the church in Bristol, southwest England.

They went to the reception and enjoyed a dance before going back to hospital. They canceled their honeymoon in the Maldives to be with their son, who is in an incubator.

"We ended up spending our wedding night with Nicky in a hospital bed and me on a sheet on the floor -- but we are so happy," Agar said.


A number of questions abound about this story, but I'm shocked that a new mother could leave her baby in the hospital, in that condition, to get married and go to the reception.


Hopefully she didn't get drunk and pregnant again from the groomsman
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: Here Comes The ... Baby

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:48 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:A number of questions abound about this story, but I'm shocked that a new mother could leave her baby in the hospital, in that condition, to get married and go to the reception.
I was thinking the same thing. Most mothers won't leave a healthy baby. Her baby is less than 2 lbs. and in an incubator and she goes to the wedding?
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 337)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Re: Here Comes The ... Baby

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:55 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:A number of questions abound about this story, but I'm shocked that a new mother could leave her baby in the hospital, in that condition, to get married and go to the reception.
I was thinking the same thing. Most mothers won't leave a healthy baby. Her baby is less than 2 lbs. and in an incubator and she goes to the wedding?


And the reception! I can almost, almost, understand the wedding, but the reception?! How was the food and how much did you have to drink before you went back to the hospital and your 1 lb 12 oz. baby?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby 3 run homer » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:56 pm

they probably haven't consumated their marriage. 8-o
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 501
Joined: 5 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Here Comes The ... Baby

Postby gfantasy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:58 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:A number of questions abound about this story, but I'm shocked that a new mother could leave her baby in the hospital, in that condition, to get married and go to the reception.
I was thinking the same thing. Most mothers won't leave a healthy baby. Her baby is less than 2 lbs. and in an incubator and she goes to the wedding?


And the reception! I can almost, almost, understand the wedding, but the reception?! How was the food and how much did you have to drink before you went back to the hospital and your 1 lb 12 oz. baby?


They did invite people who made it a point to be there. They also paid for the hall/food/etc. I think they had an obligation to go.
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Web Supporter
Posts: 1447
Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: NYC/Phila

Re: Here Comes The ... Baby

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:58 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:A number of questions abound about this story, but I'm shocked that a new mother could leave her baby in the hospital, in that condition, to get married and go to the reception.
I was thinking the same thing. Most mothers won't leave a healthy baby. Her baby is less than 2 lbs. and in an incubator and she goes to the wedding?


well, seeing as the stroy is from London, she's probably jealous that it has better teeth
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Here Comes The ... Baby

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:20 pm

gfantasy wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:A number of questions abound about this story, but I'm shocked that a new mother could leave her baby in the hospital, in that condition, to get married and go to the reception.
I was thinking the same thing. Most mothers won't leave a healthy baby. Her baby is less than 2 lbs. and in an incubator and she goes to the wedding?


And the reception! I can almost, almost, understand the wedding, but the reception?! How was the food and how much did you have to drink before you went back to the hospital and your 1 lb 12 oz. baby?


They did invite people who made it a point to be there. They also paid for the hall/food/etc. I think they had an obligation to go.


Obligation?! How about your premature baby?! That's your 'obligation'.

If your friends and family can't understand that you're not there because you just had a baby, you're probably better to have limited contact with them in the first place.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: Here Comes The ... Baby

Postby gfantasy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:26 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
gfantasy wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:A number of questions abound about this story, but I'm shocked that a new mother could leave her baby in the hospital, in that condition, to get married and go to the reception.
I was thinking the same thing. Most mothers won't leave a healthy baby. Her baby is less than 2 lbs. and in an incubator and she goes to the wedding?


And the reception! I can almost, almost, understand the wedding, but the reception?! How was the food and how much did you have to drink before you went back to the hospital and your 1 lb 12 oz. baby?


They did invite people who made it a point to be there. They also paid for the hall/food/etc. I think they had an obligation to go.


Obligation?! How about your premature baby?! That's your 'obligation'.

If your friends and family can't understand that you're not there because you just had a baby, you're probably better to have limited contact with them in the first place.


It's a tough call.

They were only missing for a few hours and the baby was in a hospital under professional care. The truth is, the baby would be in that state whether the parents were there or not. I dont think it was a huge deal that they left for a few hours to get married.
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Web Supporter
Posts: 1447
Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: NYC/Phila

Re: Here Comes The ... Baby

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:40 pm

gfantasy wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
gfantasy wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:A number of questions abound about this story, but I'm shocked that a new mother could leave her baby in the hospital, in that condition, to get married and go to the reception.
I was thinking the same thing. Most mothers won't leave a healthy baby. Her baby is less than 2 lbs. and in an incubator and she goes to the wedding?


And the reception! I can almost, almost, understand the wedding, but the reception?! How was the food and how much did you have to drink before you went back to the hospital and your 1 lb 12 oz. baby?


They did invite people who made it a point to be there. They also paid for the hall/food/etc. I think they had an obligation to go.


Obligation?! How about your premature baby?! That's your 'obligation'.

If your friends and family can't understand that you're not there because you just had a baby, you're probably better to have limited contact with them in the first place.


It's a tough call.

They were only missing for a few hours and the baby was in a hospital under professional care. The truth is, the baby would be in that state whether the parents were there or not. I dont think it was a huge deal that they left for a few hours to get married.


Must just be me then. I don't think I'd (or a mother) be able to have a good time at a reception knowing my kid's in rather intensive care in a hospital. Just surprised by the woman's maternal (or lackthereof) instincts.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: assiquate, unioreimi and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact