Yahoo Roto Question (Max Innings) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Roto Question (Max Innings)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Roto Question (Max Innings)

Postby jsphlly » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:23 am

I'm going to have 6-10 innings left on the last day of the season with 2 pitchers going (Bonderman and Webb).

If they both combine for over whatever I have left... how will that play out?

Let's say Bonderman gets lit up and Webb pitches a no-hitter, who's stats will I get?

Anyone have this happen?
jsphlly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo Roto Question (Max Innings)

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:30 am

jsphlly wrote:I'm going to have 6-10 innings left on the last day of the season with 2 pitchers going (Bonderman and Webb).

Let's say Bonderman gets lit up and Webb pitches a no-hitter, who's stats will I get?

Anyone have this happen?

I believe, that any and all stats count the day your run out. Like if that day you loaded up and started 5 guys, all of thier stats would count. Just as if you did the same thing on Sat. no innings would be available on Sunday. You can go over the max but only on the same day you you do it.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby soxfan364 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:55 am

I always wondered about that too... wish I knew this yesterday, I had 1 IP left and used some relievers but had Oswalt (and his W) on the bench.
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Re: Yahoo Roto Question (Max Innings)

Postby Mugrila » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:19 am

Havok1517 wrote:
jsphlly wrote:I'm going to have 6-10 innings left on the last day of the season with 2 pitchers going (Bonderman and Webb).

Anyone have this happen?

I believe, that any and all stats count the day your run out. Like if that day you loaded up and started 5 guys, all of thier stats would count. Just as if you did the same thing on Sat. no innings would be available on Sunday. You can go over the max but only on the same day you you do it.

Yep, the Hail Mary. You keep the stats for any and all pitchers going on the day you run out, no matter how many innings you go over.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:11 pm

soxfan364 wrote:I always wondered about that too... wish I knew this yesterday, I had 1 IP left and used some relievers but had Oswalt (and his W) on the bench.

Even with 1 inning left, you would have gotten all of Oswalts innings. The Hail Mary allows you to get all of the innings from that day no matter how many you go over. ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jsphlly » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:47 pm

Wow thats great news considering a few Ws and a handful of Ks could win the league for me. Thanks guys!
jsphlly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Thursday » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:10 pm

Cool. I'm close to the top for my roto league, so i dumped some dudes i don't plan on keeping, and picked up 7, count 'em, 7 starters for tomorrow. The starters for tomorrow are better than those going on Sunday, so i decided to do it for Sat.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ja515y » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:09 am

I'm going with sunday. I've got 12 innings left. I already have Carpenter and Bonderman going, so I picked up R. Tejeda against seattle. The couple guys ahead of me in wins ran out there innings early so I could solidify my 1st place with a couple wins on sunday. Pretty good innings management if I do say so myself.
ja515y
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

I'm going with sunday. I've got 12 innings left. I already have Carpenter and Bonderman going, so I picked up R. Tejeda against seattle. The couple guys ahead of me in wins ran out there innings early so I could solidify my 1st place with a couple wins on sunday. Another save could help me too. Pretty good innings management if I do say so myself.
ja515y
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

I'm going with sunday. I've got 12 innings left. I already have Carpenter and Bonderman going, so I picked up R. Tejeda against seattle. The couple guys ahead of me in wins ran out there innings early so I could solidify my 1st place with a couple wins on sunday. Pretty good innings management if I do say so myself.
ja515y
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers