Championship on the Line!! Pitching Strategy for Last Day? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Championship on the Line!! Pitching Strategy for Last Day?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Championship on the Line!! Pitching Strategy for Last Day?

Postby vykeengfan » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:03 am

I'm in first by less than 100 points. The owner in second has stockpiled his team w/ pitchers that will start on Sunday. At the moment, he has 6 guys going. I have 3 that will be starting. None of my guys are studs. My question is, should I start my three pitchers to try to score points, but risk losing them, or do I just not start anyone and hope that his guys don't perform well.
His pitchers:
SP
J. Bonderman (Det - SP) ^KC
J. Schmidt (SF - SP) ^LAD
Cl. Lee (Cle - SP) ^TB
W. Williams (SD - SP) ^@Ari
Ol. Pérez (NYM - SP) @Was
C. Villanueva (Mil - SP,RP) ^@Stl

My pitchers:
J. Woods (Sea - SP,RP) ^Tex
Ra. Ortiz (Was - SP) ^NYM
Jar. Wright (NYY - SP) ^Tor

pitching stats:
IP (1), W (10), L (-7), CG (5), SHO (5), SV (7), ER (-1), HR (-4), BB (-1), K (2), HLD (4)
I'm new to fb and have not been in this position before. WHAT DO I DO?!?! :-o
vykeengfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Philly_05 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:19 am

I'm kinda in the same spot i'm in 1st place by 98 pts. But I don't have any SP games or RP games left because I filled my limits on the 24th an 26th. The only guy who can win the league other than me has 6 SP going tomorrow. But the catch not all of those will be counted. Because at the site I play at he can start 6 but only the best 2 count. I would prefer just the first two but w/e I guess people find anyway to cut corners when they know they should not win the league cheap imo.

But he only has 8 games left for bats and I have 14. So I should be okay unless one of his guys goes nuts and posts a CG shut out or something. He is using... Josh Fogg,Clay Hensley,Chuck James,Hong-Chih Kuo,Wilfredo Ledezma,John Maine,Julian Tavarez,Jeff Weaver. So the only guys that really worry me are James and Maine. But James hasn't been pitching all that well. An I doubt the Mets run Maine out there inning after inning for no reason. Even more so now that Pedro won't be around at all for the playoffs.

If I were you I wouldn't worry about Lee,Perez,Villanueva.. All 3 could get lit up and hurt him. Bonderman is his best bet for a good game. Schmidt who knows with the way the Dodgers have been playing. Then Williams vs Zona is the only other one I see that could help him.. He's desprite I wouldn't worry to much about him. I wouldn't start any of those 3 that you have below for your side but that's me. Maybe look at the wire again. Suppan,Wolf,Wakefield could be better options maybe. The first two more so.
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 635)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby vykeengfan » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:30 am

Thanks. Those guys (Suppan, Wolfe, Wakefield) are on rosters right now. It's a weekly league, so I can also only grab guys that would start Sunday. Unless there's been some last minute changes, everyone's been taken who's starting on Sunday, except the starters for DET and BOS, who are TBD.
vykeengfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby vykeengfan » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:39 pm

bump
vykeengfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:22 pm

the three teams your pitchers are facing are really good offenses. Could get hurt. His, (KC, TB, ARI, WAS, STL) are pretty weak.
Rubber Game Roster
ImageImage
whoseyourdaddy12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Mission: break the curse of the Chicago Cubs in Rubber Game

Return to Baseball Leftovers