Astros
31%
Phillies
4%

Total votes : 26

Re: Who wins the NL Pennant?

Postby CadensDad » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:07 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
bleach168 wrote:Now that Pedro is out 4-6 weeks, who's gonna win?

Call me a homer, but I think it's still the Mets. If the 'Stros get in, though, they have a real chance, but that's a big if.

Welllll they are 11-15 in the month of September. So your being a homer. Playoffs start a whole new season and if it started right now the Astros are the best team for the NL

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:13 am

CadensDad wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:

Call me a homer, but I think it's still the Mets. If the 'Stros get in, though, they have a real chance, but that's a big if.

Welllll they are 11-15 in the month of September. So your being a homer. Playoffs start a whole new season and if it started right now the Astros are the best team for the NL

1/2 game out, all the momentum in the world. Still, they wouldn't be in it if the season ended today (it doesn't, but it ends in 3 games) so yes it's a big if.

Yes, they are 11-15 in the month of September. But they still have the tools, and they have won 94 games - most of them without Pedro.

Am I worried that the Mets are stumbling into the playoffs? Yes. If they play the Stros, do I think it's going to be a tough series that could go either way? Yes. Do I still think they are the class of the NL? Yes.

Call me a homer. I don't care. Their lineup is still scary good, and their pitching has been Pedro-less for months.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby RAmst23 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:19 am

pokerplaya wrote:
CadensDad wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:

1/2 game out, all the momentum in the world. Still, they wouldn't be in it if the season ended today (it doesn't, but it ends in 3 games) so yes it's a big if.

Yes, they are 11-15 in the month of September. But they still have the tools, and they have won 94 games - most of them without Pedro.

Am I worried that the Mets are stumbling into the playoffs? Yes. If they play the Stros, do I think it's going to be a tough series that could go either way? Yes. Do I still think they are the class of the NL? Yes.

Call me a homer. I don't care. Their lineup is still scary good, and their pitching has been Pedro-less for months.

Um, actually the 'Stros might be in if the season ended today. The 1/2 game between the Cardinals and Astros is a made-up game th Cards will have to play if it matters for the playoffs.

Cardinals might have a 1 game playoff with the Giants to determine if they make it to postseason play... Hope that doesn't happen though :-o
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby CadensDad » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:19 am

pokerplaya wrote:
CadensDad wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:

Playoffs aren't the regular season. If so wild card teams who barely sneak in wouldnt ever win.

However Mets play the Astros first round Roy, Roger,Andy sure is a nice 1-2-3. I honestly dont see Mets even making it to the WS.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby wrveres » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:22 am

Anybody want to guess who I voted for .. ?

I love the fact that most of you don't even know who they are ..

baaa...

Best Pitching staff in the NL top to bottom, and some insane momentum rolling into the playoffs.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Amazinz » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:33 am

Everyone duck! The third worst offense in baseball has insane momentum... :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:45 am

Nothing makes me happier that nobody knows who the Padres are.
I can promise you that the Cardinals do. I know for a fact that LA does .. I guess thats all that matters when you get right down to it.

.. oh and why are the Reds not on this poll. They are right there too, and get no love. There playoff chances are about the same as the Phiilies, yet the Phillies seem to be the fan favorites here.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:46 am

CadensDad wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:
CadensDad wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:

Playoffs aren't the regular season. If so wild card teams who barely sneak in wouldnt ever win.

However Mets play the Astros first round Roy, Roger,Andy sure is a nice 1-2-3. I honestly dont see Mets even making it to the WS.

I believe the Mets are the best team in the NL this year. The best team doesn't always win, but if I had to bet, I'd always bet on the best team. So if you think the 'Stros are the best team, great, I don't. Simple, aint it? ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby wrveres » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:50 am

pokerplaya wrote:but if I had to bet, I'd always bet on the best team.

I did bet ..

I got 10-1 odds, and the best team is going to win me 300 bucks.

Lets Go Padres !!!!!!!!!!!!
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby George_Foreman » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:54 am

Awww! Why'd the poll get re-set??
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."