Billingsley Demoted ? Even for playoffs?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Billingsley Demoted ? Even for playoffs??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Billingsley Demoted ? Even for playoffs??

Postby acsguitar » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:42 am

Why has Billingsley been demoted to the pen and why is SP Hong-Chih Kuo pitching tommorrow?

Is he tired? He seems to have been pitching well.

Are they taking it very careful with this kid?

Ken Gurnick, of Dodgers.MLB.com reports the Los Angeles Dodgers have set their starting rotation for this weekend's final series with the San Francisco Giants. SP Hong-Chih Kuo will go on Friday, with SP Greg Maddux and SP Derek Lowe going Saturday and Sunday respectively. SP Chad Billingsley will be relegated to the bullpen for the time being, which is where he'll remain should the Dodgers make the playoffs.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DirtyKash » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:33 am

Kuo has been pitching better than Billingsley, who has only made two starts since coming back and they were not that good. Dodgers like the rotation of Maddux/Penny/Lowe/Kuo.
DirtyKash
College Coach
College Coach

Postby J35J » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:40 pm

Kuo is pretty filthy, he will be a very nice sleeper pick for next year. He has 2 dominate pitches (fastball/slider), not really sure about a third pitch, I haven't seen him enough. But yeah, if he can stay consistant and under control he is a real solid pitcher.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:54 pm

Pretty simple really. Billingsley has one start over the last month, where as Kuo has pitched very good in 3 of his last 4 starts. The Dodgers are in a battle for the wild card and they need the hottest guys going on the mound.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:34 pm

Basically what has been said is spot on. The Dodgers are just cautious in their usage of Bills. As for Kuo, he has been more than decent since being called up to the rotation. I wouldn't say reliability is his better trait in the short term over Bills since he can be wild at times, but Kuo could be that important #4 back-end starter for the postseason that might be enough to get us over the hump. Might. :-o

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Zito is God » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:36 pm

I watched his first start and Kuo has the stuff to take them places. He is also more mature then Bills and that counts for a lot in the playoffs. Bills is one of the few guys in the minors that was tagged as "ace" so you gotta be careful with him.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby brewcrew4you » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:36 pm

Bills is throwing right now, maybe they knew Penny was having problems???
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby 1337_Dude » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:08 pm

Kuo has been great his past few starts.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers