IPOD v. Dell DJ - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

IPOD v. Dell DJ

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:34 pm

I like iPod for the simplicty and functionality. Plus I don't steal music like a lot of you do. :-D

But I have heard that there are better ones out there. You won't be disappointed with an iPod though.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikhayl » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:37 pm

I'm excited for radio on the zune. Being able to listen to hockey. baseball and football games when I'm out of the house or office = money ;-D
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby gfantasy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:00 pm

mikhayl wrote:I'm excited for radio on the zune. Being able to listen to hockey. baseball and football games when I'm out of the house or office = money ;-D

It's about time they added radio functionality to an MP3 player.

The Zune may be really worth waiting for.
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:08 pm

I've grown to dislike Apple products over the years. I associate iPods with 20 year-old college emo kids who don't have a clue what music sounds like. :-b Plus, it makes anyone look like a self-absorbed, stuck-up yuppie. :-P

Toshiba Gigabeat for me. ;-D But honestly, I don't own a portable MP3 player or care to buy one.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:20 pm

gigabeat, creative zen vision:m or whatever its called, and zune. i am not much of a fan of the apple products.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby gfantasy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:30 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:I've grown to dislike Apple products over the years. I associate iPods with 20 year-old college emo kids who don't have a clue what music sounds like. :-b Plus, it makes anyone look like a self-absorbed, stuck-up yuppie. :-P

Toshiba Gigabeat for me. ;-D But honestly, I don't own a portable MP3 player or care to buy one.

No offense but I dont care how my MP3 makes me people perceive me. I care about the actual product.
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby Mugrila » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:37 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:I've grown to dislike Apple products over the years. I associate iPods with 20 year-old college emo kids who don't have a clue what music sounds like. :-b Plus, it makes anyone look like a self-absorbed, stuck-up yuppie. :-P

That's unfortunate.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:37 pm

gfantasy wrote:

No offense but I dont care how my MP3 makes me people perceive me. I care about the actual product.

The iPod is a tremendous product, well marketed, is practical, and has the solid product support/enhancements that other MP3 player manufacturers produce. In fact, I think Apple makes a top-notch product. But what I think about the iPod as it's associated with its target audience is my personal perception. It probably stems from my dislike of what my generation stands for. I'm not saying all 20 year-old emo kids are nothing but self-absorbed, overbearing yuppies. It just seems like everyone I see using an iPod appears to be one.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby gfantasy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:28 pm

Again. How does that affect the product's quality?
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby Coppermine » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:40 pm

gfantasy wrote:Again. How does that affect the product's quality?

I think personal perception goes a long way; you can't really believe that iPod's popularity is based on its functionality alone? Most people could give two craps about quality (just look at how many people buy Fords :-D ), they just want something that will look cool; and the iPod was so ingeniusly marketed, that it's not just cool, but in my opinion, a status symbol.

Don't get me wrong, for the past 4 years, iPod has been the superior MP3 player; but for the first time since it's introduction, Toshiba, iRiver and Creative all have players that meet, if not exceed, iPod's quality... and some of them even look cool too. A big selling point was iTunes which was far superior and user friendly over WMP. But Microsoft if trying hard to level the playing field and besides, I've never been happy with the status quo.

I think I'm going to seriously consider the Zune, or if it sucks, the Toshiba. And yes, I find the iPod commercials annoying too. As my girlfriend says when those commercials come on, "No one does that." And she's a "Mac person."
Last edited by Coppermine on Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk