In a keeper Helton or Nick Johnson? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

In a keeper Helton or Nick Johnson?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

In a keeper Helton or Nick Johnson?

Postby KDOGG » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:07 pm

Just wrapping up the first year of a keeper league. It's roto and I have a healthy lead going into the last week so no problem there but looking ahead to the future. I've had nick johnson as my 1B all year cause my hopes of Hafner acquiring 1B elig. got crushed. Someone in my league just dropped Helton. At the end of the year they would be be restricted free agents because I picked both of them up off the waiver wire. Money will not be an issue resigning either one as I suspect Helton will have the bigger contract and I am kinda suspect of Johnson's broken leg evern though they said he should be ready by the end of next season. Just wondering who you guys think will be the better option next year and maybe the year after. 6x6 w/ OPS and holds. Thanks in advance.
KDOGG
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:17 pm

Yum yum
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:18 pm

Not a Helton fan. Not a big NJ fan either as he just can't stay healthy. That is a tough call. If not for the injury I would say go with NJ at this point though. Now, it basically comes down to whether you believe the reports that NJ will be back in 2007 or not.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Howie » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:39 pm

Id rather have Helton. To me, Johnson at his best is about as good as Helton as his worst, which was this year. Plus, Johnson seems to get injured every year.
Howie
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

Postby KDOGG » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:10 pm

Thanks for the help guys despite the retarded post by acs. That was my thing too was that neither one of these guys seems to stay healthy but NJ's sb's really helped me this year. I dunno i'm gonna have to mull over this alittle more but thanks for the help.
KDOGG
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Howie » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:21 pm

But Helton doesnt get hurt every single year like Johnson does. In addition, I feel that Johnson's speed this year was very fluky. And even if it wasnt, he'll probably steal less next year because of his leg injury.
Howie
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:30 pm

KDOGG wrote:Thanks for the help guys despite the retarded post by acs. That was my thing too was that neither one of these guys seems to stay healthy but NJ's sb's really helped me this year. I dunno i'm gonna have to mull over this alittle more but thanks for the help.

Well it is the wrong forum for it.

But since it hasn't been moved oh well.

Anyways I'd take Nick johnson. When Johnson is healthy he puts up great all around numbers.

Neither should be your 1st string 1B and considering someone will probably mistakenly pick up Helton as their 1st string 1B you should grab johnson ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:25 pm

This thread has been eaten by the Webhamster. This typically happens to solitary posts that move too far away from their own kind. Please repost your question or issue in the appropriate forum where it can dwell among the herd of similar threads and where the mods will bravely protect it from the mean rodents. And please ... do not feed the Webhamster! Thank you.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 742)

Return to Baseball Leftovers