The Artful Dodger wrote:
Terry Bradshaw

Where did that one come from? :-D

Out of Cole Hamels' arse of course. :-b

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:21 pm

ACS, you should download Firefox 2.0... it's money cash.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:24 pm

Coppermine wrote:ACS, you should download Firefox 2.0... it's money cash.

link to latest version please
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Phatferd » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:28 pm

acsguitar wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Terry Bradshaw

Where did that one come from? :-D

Suffers from depression ;-D
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:34 am

There goes any hope for my fantasy team

Best of luck TO, I probably won't use you anytime soon. But nobody wants to see this kind of tragedy happen.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:02 am

Let me start by saying that I root against Terrell Owens on the field. I was a Randy Moss believer and it hurts my pride when my friends get to rub in Owens recently superior statistics.

That said, I gotta feel bad for Owens. Every single move he makes is criticized, no matter how miniscule; even his light-hearted Tour De France joke was blown out of proportion. What ticks me off the most about Owens media portrayal is that he's never compared to his peers off the field. Deion Branch wasn't criticized half as much as Owens when he demanded a contract, and his numbers aren't in the same territory as Terrell's. Owens played through an injury in the Super Bowl and, in the process, raked up over 100 yards. However, he never publicly praised for that, although Brett Favre playing with a hangnail makes him Jesus with a helmet on.

I'm not saying Owens is golden; he's far from that. But he takes way too much crap for what he deserves.

Either way, suicide is never a solution.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:08 am

davidmarver wrote: Brett Favre playing with a hangnail makes him Jesus with a helmet on.

I'm not saying Owens is golden; he's far from that. But he takes way too much crap for what he deserves.

FWIW, before he sought treatment, Brett Favre would, by his own account, regularly have 6 Vicodin and head down to his rumpus room to shoot pool w/ his buddies so perhaps his props ought to be for not being as much of a lightweight as T.O.?

Looking at T.O.s statement last night, it sounds more like he did a Jimi, figuring he'd take a couple of pills instead of one and getting zonked out. Not as much as Jimi, fortunately for him, but enough to sound completely ridiculous when the EMTs and police arrived.

Re the money/ depression thing, somewhere I'd read that Owens was living in a modest (2000 sq ft?) condo b/c he did not want to bother w/ a humongous crib. Perhaps if he had some buddies to shoot pool with, he would have had a no harm/ no foul situation? :-?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:27 am

davidmarver wrote:Let me start by saying that I root against Terrell Owens on the field. I was a Randy Moss believer and it hurts my pride when my friends get to rub in Owens recently superior statistics.

That said, I gotta feel bad for Owens. Every single move he makes is criticized, no matter how miniscule; even his light-hearted Tour De France joke was blown out of proportion. What ticks me off the most about Owens media portrayal is that he's never compared to his peers off the field. Deion Branch wasn't criticized half as much as Owens when he demanded a contract, and his numbers aren't in the same territory as Terrell's. Owens played through an injury in the Super Bowl and, in the process, raked up over 100 yards. However, he never publicly praised for that, although Brett Favre playing with a hangnail makes him Jesus with a helmet on.

boo hoo, poor millionaire.

the guy deserves everything he gets. he's bashed every qb and coach he's ever had. christ he wrote books about his teamates bashing them while still playing with them. his free pass from the press has been taken away and rightfully so.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:50 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
davidmarver wrote:Let me start by saying that I root against Terrell Owens on the field. I was a Randy Moss believer and it hurts my pride when my friends get to rub in Owens recently superior statistics.

boo hoo, poor millionaire.

the guy deserves everything he gets. he's bashed every qb and coach he's ever had. christ he wrote books about his teamates bashing them while still playing with them. his free pass from the press has been taken away and rightfully so.

Free pass from the press? He has been chastised by the press as much or more than any athlete not named Bonds.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:51 am

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:ACS, you should download Firefox 2.0... it's money cash.

link to latest version please

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/bonecho/all-rc.html

Release Candidate 1 just came out; support for most extensions and themes is coming along pretty well.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk