T.O. attempted suicide - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

T.O. attempted suicide

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:10 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Why am I not surprised that you have 5 ie windows open and 2 firefox and that you have a link to the general talk forum right on your toolbar?

I guess you're not familiar with Firefox. :-D It means he has a tab open with General Talk open (like a window, within Firefox), not a link on a toolbar. ;-D


Exactly i mean why would i need a Link to general talk when I have a shortcut key
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Phatferd » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:18 pm

One thing that disturbs me with the press conference is his stupid publicist.

She said the most ridiculous thing when she said, "T.O. has 25 million reasons to not be depressed." Money has zero to do with depression. A lot of people who suffer from depression actually have tons of money, a lot of what comes with money is added burdens and responsibilities that cause more stress to a person's life.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Postby acsguitar » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:25 pm

Phatferd wrote:One thing that disturbs me with the press conference is his stupid publicist.

She said the most ridiculous thing when she said, "T.O. has 25 million reasons to not be depressed." Money has zero to do with depression. A lot of people who suffer from depression actually have tons of money, a lot of what comes with money is added burdens and responsibilities that cause more stress to a person's life.


Yea thats a pretty stupid comment. They had sports psychologist on who confirmed that the % of atheltes depressed in comparrison to the general population being depressed is equal.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:28 pm

Phatferd wrote:One thing that disturbs me with the press conference is his stupid publicist.

She said the most ridiculous thing when she said, "T.O. has 25 million reasons to not be depressed." Money has zero to do with depression. A lot of people who suffer from depression actually have tons of money, a lot of what comes with money is added burdens and responsibilities that cause more stress to a person's life.


That's true, but I find that people who are depressed when they have a lot of money, don't know what to do with the money. I question why there's a general perception as to why a lot of folks feel that money is the root of all evil, or depression, in this case I suppose. It's not the money that gives added burdens: it's the people and why is that? Because they probably don't know how to handle their money and that is more of a cause as to why people with a lot of money are depressed. This goes hand in hand with how people deal with stress. It's all internal really.
Image
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21885
(Past Year: 623)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Not nineteen forever

Postby Phatferd » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:44 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Phatferd wrote:One thing that disturbs me with the press conference is his stupid publicist.

She said the most ridiculous thing when she said, "T.O. has 25 million reasons to not be depressed." Money has zero to do with depression. A lot of people who suffer from depression actually have tons of money, a lot of what comes with money is added burdens and responsibilities that cause more stress to a person's life.


That's true, but I find that people who are depressed when they have a lot of money, don't know what to do with the money. I question why there's a general perception as to why a lot of folks feel that money is the root of all evil, or depression, in this case I suppose. It's not the money that gives added burdens: it's the people and why is that? Because they probably don't know how to handle their money and that is more of a cause as to why people with a lot of money are depressed. This goes hand in hand with how people deal with stress. It's all internal really.


My point is it doesn't matter how much money someone has in order to be depressed. Depression is a chemical inbalance in the brain, people don't have control over it. I am just saying that since it is just as likely for someone with money to have depression as a common man, however, some of the stresses that come with money can help lead to added stress.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Postby acsguitar » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:49 pm

Phatferd wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Phatferd wrote:One thing that disturbs me with the press conference is his stupid publicist.

She said the most ridiculous thing when she said, "T.O. has 25 million reasons to not be depressed." Money has zero to do with depression. A lot of people who suffer from depression actually have tons of money, a lot of what comes with money is added burdens and responsibilities that cause more stress to a person's life.


That's true, but I find that people who are depressed when they have a lot of money, don't know what to do with the money. I question why there's a general perception as to why a lot of folks feel that money is the root of all evil, or depression, in this case I suppose. It's not the money that gives added burdens: it's the people and why is that? Because they probably don't know how to handle their money and that is more of a cause as to why people with a lot of money are depressed. This goes hand in hand with how people deal with stress. It's all internal really.


My point is it doesn't matter how much money someone has in order to be depressed. Depression is a chemical inbalance in the brain, people don't have control over it. I am just saying that since it is just as likely for someone with money to have depression as a common man, however, some of the stresses that come with money can help lead to added stress.


Yea depression contributed to Chemical inbalance is totally different then depression from say not knowing what to do with your money. However, you could be mildly chemically depressed and the money issues can put you over the edge.

The human mind is a funny thing
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:53 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Phatferd wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Phatferd wrote:One thing that disturbs me with the press conference is his stupid publicist.

She said the most ridiculous thing when she said, "T.O. has 25 million reasons to not be depressed." Money has zero to do with depression. A lot of people who suffer from depression actually have tons of money, a lot of what comes with money is added burdens and responsibilities that cause more stress to a person's life.


That's true, but I find that people who are depressed when they have a lot of money, don't know what to do with the money. I question why there's a general perception as to why a lot of folks feel that money is the root of all evil, or depression, in this case I suppose. It's not the money that gives added burdens: it's the people and why is that? Because they probably don't know how to handle their money and that is more of a cause as to why people with a lot of money are depressed. This goes hand in hand with how people deal with stress. It's all internal really.


My point is it doesn't matter how much money someone has in order to be depressed. Depression is a chemical inbalance in the brain, people don't have control over it. I am just saying that since it is just as likely for someone with money to have depression as a common man, however, some of the stresses that come with money can help lead to added stress.


Yea depression contributed to Chemical inbalance is totally different then depression from say not knowing what to do with your money. However, you could be mildly chemically depressed and the money issues can put you over the edge.

The human mind is a funny thing


I have more of a problem with the sentiment that money causes greater burdens because when it comes down to it, it doesn't. Money is inherently good. I'll agree money could be the tipping point, but surely, not the root or cause. I happened to suffer from moderate bipolar depression in college (I do to some extent today too) and so sadly, I know the ups and downs that come with those crazy neurotransmitters acting up. :-/
Image
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21885
(Past Year: 623)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Not nineteen forever

Postby Phatferd » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:59 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Phatferd wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Phatferd wrote:One thing that disturbs me with the press conference is his stupid publicist.

She said the most ridiculous thing when she said, "T.O. has 25 million reasons to not be depressed." Money has zero to do with depression. A lot of people who suffer from depression actually have tons of money, a lot of what comes with money is added burdens and responsibilities that cause more stress to a person's life.


That's true, but I find that people who are depressed when they have a lot of money, don't know what to do with the money. I question why there's a general perception as to why a lot of folks feel that money is the root of all evil, or depression, in this case I suppose. It's not the money that gives added burdens: it's the people and why is that? Because they probably don't know how to handle their money and that is more of a cause as to why people with a lot of money are depressed. This goes hand in hand with how people deal with stress. It's all internal really.


My point is it doesn't matter how much money someone has in order to be depressed. Depression is a chemical inbalance in the brain, people don't have control over it. I am just saying that since it is just as likely for someone with money to have depression as a common man, however, some of the stresses that come with money can help lead to added stress.


Yea depression contributed to Chemical inbalance is totally different then depression from say not knowing what to do with your money. However, you could be mildly chemically depressed and the money issues can put you over the edge.

The human mind is a funny thing


I have more of a problem with the sentiment that money causes greater burdens because when it comes down to it, it doesn't. Money is inherently good. I'll agree money could be the tipping point, but surely, not the root or cause. I happened to suffer from moderate bipolar depression in college (I do to some extent today too) and so sadly, I know the ups and downs that come with those crazy neurotransmitters acting up. :-/


I disagree totally with your statement that the main problem with people who suffer from depression and have money is that they don't know what to do with money.

In a person like T.O.'s case or Terry Bradshaw they aren't having that problem. They make their money by being a public figure and what comes with that is all this hype and national attention that surround you. You have armies camped out in front of your house waiting to see you walk 15 feet from your door to your car in your driveway. You have people telling you if you're really injured or not. You have people jumping to conclusions and "friends" telling media what you're doing in your personal life as undisclosed sources, so you never really know who is telling people your business.

I also know all about those neurotransmitters...
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:11 pm

Phatferd wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Phatferd wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Phatferd wrote:One thing that disturbs me with the press conference is his stupid publicist.

She said the most ridiculous thing when she said, "T.O. has 25 million reasons to not be depressed." Money has zero to do with depression. A lot of people who suffer from depression actually have tons of money, a lot of what comes with money is added burdens and responsibilities that cause more stress to a person's life.


That's true, but I find that people who are depressed when they have a lot of money, don't know what to do with the money. I question why there's a general perception as to why a lot of folks feel that money is the root of all evil, or depression, in this case I suppose. It's not the money that gives added burdens: it's the people and why is that? Because they probably don't know how to handle their money and that is more of a cause as to why people with a lot of money are depressed. This goes hand in hand with how people deal with stress. It's all internal really.


My point is it doesn't matter how much money someone has in order to be depressed. Depression is a chemical inbalance in the brain, people don't have control over it. I am just saying that since it is just as likely for someone with money to have depression as a common man, however, some of the stresses that come with money can help lead to added stress.


Yea depression contributed to Chemical inbalance is totally different then depression from say not knowing what to do with your money. However, you could be mildly chemically depressed and the money issues can put you over the edge.

The human mind is a funny thing


I have more of a problem with the sentiment that money causes greater burdens because when it comes down to it, it doesn't. Money is inherently good. I'll agree money could be the tipping point, but surely, not the root or cause. I happened to suffer from moderate bipolar depression in college (I do to some extent today too) and so sadly, I know the ups and downs that come with those crazy neurotransmitters acting up. :-/


I disagree totally with your statement that the main problem with people who suffer from depression and have money is that they don't know what to do with money.

In a person like T.O.'s case or Terry Bradshaw they aren't having that problem. They make their money by being a public figure and what comes with that is all this hype and national attention that surround you. You have armies camped out in front of your house waiting to see you walk 15 feet from your door to your car in your driveway. You have people telling you if you're really injured or not. You have people jumping to conclusions and "friends" telling media what you're doing in your personal life as undisclosed sources, so you never really know who is telling people your business.

I also know all about those neurotransmitters...


I didn't necessarily mean figures like T.O., like Terry Bradshaw, or an even Brad Pitt who are constantly under the public microscope, more so than others. I was inferring to people with big lots of money in general and they don't necessarily have to be famous.
Image
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21885
(Past Year: 623)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Not nineteen forever

Postby acsguitar » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:12 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Terry Bradshaw





Where did that one come from? :-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rvcun9212 and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Seattle at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Texas at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Colorado at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
LA Angels at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Francisco at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Kansas City at Oakland
(9:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Chi Cubs at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Atlanta at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact