The Scariest Day Imaginable Has Arrived..... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Scariest Day Imaginable Has Arrived.....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:05 pm

Madison wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
DK wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Pablo975 wrote:Thanks for the kind words everyone. It's taken longer than expected, but we should be seeing little Ms. Bridget Elizabeth soon. It's looking like a c-sec, but as long as Mommy and baby are safe, I don't mind.

I'll post more soon.

And the girl from Small Wonder was Vickie. And the Dad on that show was the commentator on the classic Dave Chappelle "Frontline"/White power bit.

Bridget? That's such an old-fashioned name. Why can't you go with a trendier name like Dakota or Marissa? ;-7 :-b

Scary but true:
I know a man named Dakota.

Me too... :-o

Actually his original name was Jimmy, but he changed it to Dakota. :-o

I have a nephew named Dakota. Poor kid. :-o

I tend to think that parents these days over the last couple of decades are trying too hard to come up with original or unique names for their kids that they coincidentally match with the names of some other lads.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:30 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:Might as well tell this story since the topic has been brought up.

A couple of weeks ago I was at Kroger's (supermarket) picking up a few things. While I was checking out the chips trying to figure out what I wanted, this woman said "Madison don't do that!". She was a good 10 feet away or so and I could see she had a little girl with her, so I figured it out and just tried to ignore her. Anyway, the mom kept on with the "Madison this" and "Madison that", so I finally turned to her and said "Would you please shut up and leave me alone?"

Stark wide eyed look of terror from the mother. :-b

So I said something along the lines of: "While I appreciate that you named your daughter after me, I don't need you repeating my name over and over and over again. It's unoriginal and unimaginative people like you that are sending the country down the toilet!".

Still the same look on her face.

So I said something like: "Do I have to spell this out for you? God America has really become dumb. MY name is Madison, so shut the hell up! Do you understand now, or do you have a lack of upbringing problem that's preventing you from being able to concentrate, and need me to repeat it again?"

The look of horror faded and I get this meek little reply of "I'm sorry.....I didn't know that was your name too.".

So I said, "Too? I was named long before your daughter in case you don't realize that fact. Doesn't matter though, just tell her whatever you're telling her and quit repeating my name like it's something special, or something you thought long and hard about and came up with on your own. It isn't. You pulled it out of a book for Christ's sake, so shut up!".

And proceeded to leave.

Parents who constantly refer to their kids by name annoy me. "Jeffry Jeffry Jeffry". :-P Just so happened that I was already annoyed, and in this case it happened to be my name being used, so I let her have it. :-b

This is why you aren't allowed out of the house much correct?

Probably. :-b

I'm just not shy, and I could care less what strangers think about me. I tend to tell people how it is. I saw a mother spank her kid in line at a Taco Bell one day when the kid was being a little brat and wouldn't do as the mother told him. While others stood there with their mouths hanging open, I started clapping to applaud her. :-b ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:38 pm

Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:Might as well tell this story since the topic has been brought up.

A couple of weeks ago I was at Kroger's (supermarket) picking up a few things. While I was checking out the chips trying to figure out what I wanted, this woman said "Madison don't do that!". She was a good 10 feet away or so and I could see she had a little girl with her, so I figured it out and just tried to ignore her. Anyway, the mom kept on with the "Madison this" and "Madison that", so I finally turned to her and said "Would you please shut up and leave me alone?"

So I said something along the lines of: "While I appreciate that you named your daughter after me, I don't need you repeating my name over and over and over again. It's unoriginal and unimaginative people like you that are sending the country down the toilet!".

So I said something like: "Do I have to spell this out for you? God America has really become dumb. MY name is Madison, so shut the hell up! Do you understand now, or do you have a lack of upbringing problem that's preventing you from being able to concentrate, and need me to repeat it again?"

The look of horror faded and I get this meek little reply of "I'm sorry.....I didn't know that was your name too.".

So I said, "Too? I was named long before your daughter in case you don't realize that fact. Doesn't matter though, just tell her whatever you're telling her and quit repeating my name like it's something special, or something you thought long and hard about and came up with on your own. It isn't. You pulled it out of a book for Christ's sake, so shut up!".

And proceeded to leave.

Parents who constantly refer to their kids by name annoy me. "Jeffry Jeffry Jeffry". :-P Just so happened that I was already annoyed, and in this case it happened to be my name being used, so I let her have it. :-b

I'm just not shy, and I could care less what strangers think about me. I tend to tell people how it is. I saw a mother spank her kid in line at a Taco Bell one day when the kid was being a little brat and wouldn't do as the mother told him. While others stood there with their mouths hanging open, I started clapping to applaud her. :-b ;-D

While I agree that the name-repeating thing is extremely annoying (and if I had it my way, children under the age of 12 would never be allowed in public), if I was that woman, I would have laid the smack down on you! It sounds like someone's bitter that their name is now a girl's name :-D
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:35 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

And proceeded to leave.

While I agree that the name-repeating thing is extremely annoying (and if I had it my way, children under the age of 12 would never be allowed in public), if I was that woman, I would have laid the smack down on you! It sounds like someone's bitter that their name is now a girl's name :-D

A little bitter at first, but that was a long time ago.

By the way, just for you, I chewed out some lady at Wal-Mart who was using a check card to pay for their stuff a few days ago. ;-D

:-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:46 pm

Big congrats to ya, Pablo! ;-D

Big Pimpin wrote:Big congrats dude. What a joy fatherhood is. ;-D ;-D

Prepare to worry though. My daughters are 3 and 8 months and I'm already worried about boys, driving, and college... :-o :-o

;-D

Just take the advice of Bruce Willis- when the first teenage boy shows up to take out one of your daughters, kill him on the spot to make an example to all the rest.

:-D

And proceeded to leave.

Jeez, you're lucky she didn't have mace. :-b
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Pablo975 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:45 pm

Madison neglects to inform people he piledrove the woman through a table, whipped her with barbed wire, smacked her with a steel chair and then bowled her headfirst into the ice cream freezer for a perfect strike to retain his WWE Madison-Naming Rights Title. Rematch at Wrestlemania, live on pay per view! Order now! :*)

Good job Mad. ;-D

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:40 am

Pablo975 wrote:Madison neglects to inform people he piledrove the woman through a table, whipped her with barbed wire, smacked her with a steel chair and then bowled her headfirst into the ice cream freezer for a perfect strike to retain his WWE Madison-Naming Rights Title. Rematch at Wrestlemania, live on pay per view! Order now! :*)

Good job Mad. ;-D

Don't forget he Singapore caned her too. :*)

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:05 am

Congrats, Pablo! That's awesome news.

Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:31 am

And proceeded to leave.

I just read this again, and there's still one huge unanswered question...

Robots eat chips?!?!? 8-o 8-o

:-B :-b
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Madison » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:19 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Pablo975 wrote:Madison neglects to inform people he piledrove the woman through a table, whipped her with barbed wire, smacked her with a steel chair and then bowled her headfirst into the ice cream freezer for a perfect strike to retain his WWE Madison-Naming Rights Title. Rematch at Wrestlemania, live on pay per view! Order now! :*)

Good job Mad. ;-D

Don't forget he Singapore caned her too. :*)

I'd never hit a woman.......even though Booker T's wife makes me want to change that policy. :-[

:-b

And yes BP, robots are snacking machines! Or should it be "snacking machines are prehistoric robots"? Don't tell me you don't love that awesome pun! :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk