Heroes on NBC... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Heroes on NBC...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Heroes on NBC...

Postby JTWood » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:54 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:I missed last week's episode but I would say it's interesting again. Still not sure how "good" it is, but the storyline is at least more interesting than it has been in a while.

And they've started rationally explaining why some powers don't work in some circumstances when you'd think they would.

It's not perfect, but it's a ton better than the mess that it was just two months ago. It's actually interesting.

FWIW, Amazinz, the streaming, online episodes only go back 5 epis. If you're going to get back in, you'd better do it now.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:24 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:I missed last week's episode but I would say it's interesting again. Still not sure how "good" it is, but the storyline is at least more interesting than it has been in a while.

Yeah, I still won't say it's "good" either. Don't really like the current storyline about the eclipse, but we'll see where and how that goes.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:38 am

i dont see much of an improvement (but i'm still watching)...maybe it's because the current Hiro storyline is TERRIBLE
IMO it's getting to be like Prison Break...so ridiculously bad and improbable yet i still continue to watch
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:48 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:i dont see much of an improvement (but i'm still watching)...maybe it's because the current Hiro storyline is TERRIBLE
IMO it's getting to be like Prison Break...so ridiculously bad and improbable yet i still continue to watch

Yeah, it's not the best, but I'm a fan of anything that puts his powers on the sideline.

Some of the people they've killed off make the show better already.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby daullaz » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:57 pm

I used to hate Elle, but she and Sylar are the best part of the show right now. I'm rooting for them to conquer all at this point.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:26 pm

I wish Elle didn't turn bad or whatever it is she's doing right now, but as long as she's on my TV I'm happy. :-L
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dracovonborax » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:39 pm

i actually think the storyline is finally improving. Hiro is my favorite character so it is good to see him popping about...loved seeing him pop Sylar out after calling him a "bad man". :)
i enjoyed the Eclipse storyline and it helped explain much for the season. hopefully things will keep going good...Sylar being himself is a big improvement at least..no more company man. :)
dracovonborax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:33 am

dracovonborax wrote:i actually think the storyline is finally improving. Hiro is my favorite character so it is good to see him popping about...loved seeing him pop Sylar out after calling him a "bad man". :)
i enjoyed the Eclipse storyline and it helped explain much for the season. hopefully things will keep going good...Sylar being himself is a big improvement at least..no more company man. :)

this last episode was pretty good...HRG is a badass.

i think the current Hiro storyline is stupid though (i think i've mentioned this once)

the show is still full of plotholes and doesnt always explain things (why does the eclipse cause them to lose power? shouldnt they not have their powers in the dark?) but when it's good i dont worry about those things

one major complaint is they've severely neglected the Mr. Muggles character as of late
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:46 pm

Curious to see what's up with Claire dying (sort of). HRG flipped out when he heard it, and I don't think it was because she's his "daughter", so I'm curious to see if there's more than meets the eye there.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Madison wrote:Curious to see what's up with Claire dying (sort of). HRG flipped out when he heard it, and I don't think it was because she's his "daughter", so I'm curious to see if there's more than meets the eye there.

Because if Claire died while her powers were gone but then still revived when they came back, it means Sylar is also going to heal, after HRG thought he killed him.

Also about Sylar, I don't like that now it turns out he's not really Peter's brother. It's stupid to make a big twist like that and then just take it back.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk