Have a question for A.LaRoche, Hunter Pence, or John Danks? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Have a question for A.LaRoche, Hunter Pence, or John Danks?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:37 pm

I'd like to know just how often little league coaches tried to change Pence's batting stance.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigken117 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:11 pm

Hunter -
Does he trust the organization in how they're bringing him along? Or does he feel like he should be in AAA or even The Show? Someone at his age who performs as well as he has at his repsective levels should be brought along a little quicker IMO.
Has the organization tried to get him to cut down on his K's? He's no Wood, but he's better (or worst I guess) than 1:5 AB. Does he consider that an obsatcle?

LaRoche-
Has never even played a minor league game at 2B...I would think that if the organization was thinking of moving him they'd at least have him play it so they could scout him. And is Travis Denker still in the Dodgers plans?

OK...How about....did he feel less pressure about playing 3rd when the Dodgers traded Guzman?
He began 2005 by repeating the FSL, where he spent the 2nd half of 2004, and had what has to be considered his coming out party. He began this season repeating AA, where he improved his OPS at that level from the second half of 05 by 90 points. Given the improvements he makes the second time through, does he expect to go back to AAA to begin 2007? Would he be disappointed if he did?

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Pedantic » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:26 pm

bigken117 wrote:Hunter -
Has the organization tried to get him to cut down on his K's? He's no Wood, but he's better (or worst I guess) than 1:5 AB. Does he consider that an obsatcle?

IMO, his strikeouts are well within acceptable bounds for the kind of prospect he is. Still a valid question, though.

P.S. I'm going to name my firstborn son Hunter.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby cordscords » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:34 pm

Ask any of them if they play fantasy.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby MMoNeY24 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:34 pm

Pedantic wrote:

IMO, his strikeouts are well within acceptable bounds for the kind of prospect he is. Still a valid question, though.

Name your second one Gatherer.

cordscords wrote:Ask any of them if they play fantasy.

Ditto
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bigken117 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:40 pm

Pedantic wrote:

With no statistical evidence to back me up, I'm going to guess that striking out more than once every 5 AB can be exposed in the big leagues when you face better pitching. I mean, Ryan Howard K'd almost once every 3 AB at the same age Pence is now, and in a lower level, so it's definitely something that can be worked on. Because like Howard, Pence keeps the average in the .300 area.

I was more looking for a reason why the Astros aren't really promoting him at the rate that I think he's deserved or earned. I too am a Pence fan, and think he's one of those guys who can come in and produce almost immediately.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:15 pm

Questions for A.LaRoche have now been determined. Still working on Pence and Danks.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:16 pm

The interview with Andy LaRoche is now posted. Check it out, leave a comment there or here, I wouldnt mind getting some decent feedback if at all possible.

http://projectprospect.com/2006/09/28/a ... rview.aspx
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers