Top 25 in a dynasty draft 2007 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top 25 in a dynasty draft 2007

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:41 am

slomo007 wrote:I love the Teixeira bashing, I really do. Soriano I am just not a believer in even coming close to repeating this year, so that explains why he's so low. I guess I am apparently not a Manny believer either, as I can't justify taking him in the first 2 rounds in a dynasty league when he has maybe a couple good seasons left.

But, overall, hopefully my list gives the OP a little more idea of what the general consensus would be.

Not bashing Teixeira... I'm not even sure I would take him over Berkman in a dynasty/keeper. My idea of these leagues is to win right now. So the players who I know will produce/perform in the next year are much more valuable to me than projecting everyone 5 years down the road but that is just me.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:44 am

Yoda wrote:
slomo007 wrote:I love the Teixeira bashing, I really do. Soriano I am just not a believer in even coming close to repeating this year, so that explains why he's so low. I guess I am apparently not a Manny believer either, as I can't justify taking him in the first 2 rounds in a dynasty league when he has maybe a couple good seasons left.

But, overall, hopefully my list gives the OP a little more idea of what the general consensus would be.

Not bashing Teixeira... I'm not even sure I would take him over Berkman in a dynasty/keeper. My idea of these leagues is to win right now. So the players who I know will produce/perform in the next year are much more valuable to me than projecting everyone 5 years down the road but that is just me.

Win now is a good philosophy, in fact I use it like crazy in one of my keeper leagues. But, there comes a point where you have to realize that win-now might turn in to win-never if Manny's brittle knees decide to resort him to Barry Bonds-esque playing time. He's a great player still, but there are just too many question marks around him to pick him that high in a dynasty league. But, to each his own, that's why rankings are so personalized.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Yoda » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:09 pm

OK since I ripped on Slomo, here is mine. NOTE: THIS IS OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD WITHOUT MUCH RESEARCH:

1. Pujols
2. Cabrera
3. Arod
4. Santana
5. Ortiz
6. Hafner
7. Howard
8. Vlad
9. Manny
10. Wright
11. Sizemore
12. Berkman
13. Teixeira
14. Reyes
15. Crawford
16. Beltran
17. Soriano
18. Utley
19. Bay
20. Halladay
21. Oswalt
22. Holliday
23. Aramis
24. Tejada
25. CLee

I rank power over speed. Consistency over flash/youth. I think after 20, it becomes a lot harder to rank. Holliday, Aramis, Tejada and Lee coule fall off in favor of Jeter, Konerko, Rollins, Wells, Peavy, Zambrano, Damon, Ichiro, etc... Bash away. :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:19 pm

Yoda wrote:OK since I ripped on Slomo, here is mine. NOTE: THIS IS OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD WITHOUT MUCH RESEARCH:

1. Pujols
2. Cabrera
3. Arod
4. Santana
5. Ortiz
6. Hafner
7. Howard
8. Vlad
9. Manny
10. Wright
11. Sizemore
12. Berkman
13. Teixeira
14. Reyes
15. Crawford
16. Beltran
17. Soriano
18. Utley
19. Bay
20. Halladay
21. Oswalt
22. Holliday
23. Aramis
24. Tejada
25. CLee

I rank power over speed. Consistency over flash/youth. I think after 20, it becomes a lot harder to rank. Holliday, Aramis, Tejada and Lee coule fall off in favor of Jeter, Konerko, Rollins, Wells, Peavy, Zambrano, Damon, Ichiro, etc... Bash away. :-D

Attaboy, research is overrated! :-D

If I could be serious for a minute, I think Wright deserves at least a top 10 spot, late top 5 even. Same goes for Beltran and Soriano.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 451)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:26 pm

Okily, dokily, here's my list that I cooked up just now:

1. Pujols
2. Mi. Cabrera
3. A-Rod
4. Santana
5. Ortiz
6. Hafner
7. Howard
8. Soriano
9. Vlad
10. Wright
11. Beltran
12. Crawford
13. Manny
14. Reyes
15. Utley
16. Sizemore
17. Teixeira
18. Bay
19. V. Wells
20. Berkman
21. Tejada
22. Jeter
23. Carlos Lee
24. Holliday
25. Morneau
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 451)

Postby Zito is God » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:35 pm

It highly depends on if you wanna win now or build. If you wanna win now I agree with a good amount of the above lists, if you wanna build however Kazmir, Webb, Bonderman, Liriano, etc could find a way to sneak in on that list.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Yoda » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:01 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Attaboy, research is overrated! :-D

If I could be serious for a minute, I think Wright deserves at least a top 10 spot, late top 5 even. Same goes for Beltran and Soriano.

Based on this year's production, I like Wright at the end of 1st round.

As far as Beltran/Soriano are concerned, I have them sort of lumped with Reyes/Crawford. I have the latter combo ranked ahead due to age and career progression. I see Beltran/Soriano as slightly more volatile than them at this point. Beltran has had a couple of off-years (whether injury induced or not). I really think this is Soriano's career year and it won't get any better for him.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby cubbies1 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:24 pm

slomo007 wrote:If this is a true dynasty, as you said, then I think this list has a LOT of holes in it. This would be my approximate ranking:

1. Pujols
2. Cabrera
3. Howard
4. Ortiz
5. Arod
6. Santana
7. Vlad
8. Teixera
9. Hafner
10. Reyes
11. Sizemore
12. Wright
13. Crawford
14. Beltran
15. Utley
16. V. Wells
17. Soriano
18. Berkman
19. Jeter
20. Man Ram
21. Holliday
22. Delmon Young
23. Carlos Lee
24. Bay
25. Rollins

thanks for the reply

two questions:

why is vernon wells ahead of berkman? both are having near career years, but berkmans career stats all look to be better than wells, is it just the two year age difference, and wells stealing a few more bases?

How does a 23 year old who just had a 20 80 120 60 .300 season not make in above 10, even if the power does decline next year (i dont think it will) all the other numbers will pretty much stay the same.
Last edited by cubbies1 on Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
cubbies1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TB13 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:08 pm

Guess I am the only one on the Garrett Atkins bandwagon. He's a top-25 player this year (and is even better in OPS leagues) and one would logically expect for him to continue to grow.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:46 pm

TB13 wrote:Guess I am the only one on the Garrett Atkins bandwagon. He's a top-25 player this year (and is even better in OPS leagues) and one would logically expect for him to continue to grow.

Eh... He really had a monster year but I'd like to see more than one year to put him up that high.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers