Scumbag only gets 6 years prison term - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Scumbag only gets 6 years prison term

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Scumbag only gets 6 years prison term

Postby Yoda » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:57 pm

Enron exec Andy Fastow gets only 6 years...

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060926/enron_fastow.html?.v=19

Kenny Boy Lay got off real easy (past away in July). Skilling is next.

Those of you who have not seen the Enron movie (documentary), I highly recommend it.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:13 pm

He definitely should have gotten alot more then just 6 years. :-[
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:51 pm

He negotiated to 10 years when he agreed to testify against Lay and Skilling, the true scumbags in all this. Fastow was not nearly in the position of authority they were, although it doesn't make him any less guilty. I don't think they would have been able to bring down Lay (who is dead) and Skilling if it weren't for Fastow's testimony. White collar crime is a weird thing; you want to believe that if nobody gets hurt, the punishment shouldn't be so severe. Then again, thousands of people were hurt by this Enron thing, financially and perhaps worse all things considered.

The WorldCom guy got about 25 years... wow! When I'm a CFO, I'm going by the books or getting the hell out of there!

Has anyone seen the Enron documentary, The Smartest Guys in the Room? It's supposed to be fantastic.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:02 pm

Coppermine wrote:He negotiated to 10 years when he agreed to testify against Lay and Skilling, the true scumbags in all this. Fastow was not nearly in the position of authority they were, although it doesn't make him any less guilty. I don't think they would have been able to bring down Lay (who is dead) and Skilling if it weren't for Fastow's testimony. White collar crime is a weird thing; you want to believe that if nobody gets hurt, the punishment shouldn't be so severe. Then again, thousands of people were hurt by this Enron thing, financially and perhaps worse all things considered.

The WorldCom guy got about 25 years... wow! When I'm a CFO, I'm going by the books or getting the hell out of there!

Has anyone seen the Enron documentary, The Smartest Guys in the Room? It's supposed to be fantastic.

I agree that Lay and Skilling were a lot worse but that still doesn't excuse Fastow from stealing money that most people never even get to make in their entire lifetime.

The movie I referred to in the original post is the documentary. Anyone who is interested in what really happened should watch it. Fascinating stuff.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:08 pm

They should lock him in a room with cole hamels and a catchers mitt
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby bleach168 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:36 pm

I'm sure they will release him after 2 years for good behavior.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Yoda » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:05 pm

bleach168 wrote:I'm sure they will release him after 2 years for good behavior.

Not to mention he probably put away millions in off shore accounts so when he comes out, he'll be set for life. Scumbag.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:34 am

Yoda wrote:
bleach168 wrote:I'm sure they will release him after 2 years for good behavior.

Not to mention he probably put away millions in off shore accounts so when he comes out, he'll be set for life. Scumbag.

Apparently, a fairly intelligent, though extremely immoral, scumbag. !+)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby soxfan364 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:34 am

Yep that's a joke.

How bout around here, the owners of the Station nightclub are getting off pretty easy. One has 4 years to serve, the other just 500 hours of community service. They reached a plea bargain, sentencing is tomorrow but people are up in arms around here. (I live in Mass., but right on the RI line)
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:47 am

soxfan364 wrote:Yep that's a joke.

How bout around here, the owners of the Station nightclub are getting off pretty easy. One has 4 years to serve, the other just 500 hours of community service. They reached a plea bargain, sentencing is tomorrow but people are up in arms around here. (I live in Mass., but right on the RI line)

What'd they do?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to General Talk