Happy Dance no Surgery for Liriano!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Happy Dance no Surgery for Liriano!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:53 pm

Yoda wrote:It is beyond me how some owners are still not concerned about Liriano's health. He landed on the DL 3 times with the same injury in one season. This isn't his little toe we are talking about. It is one of the most crucial body parts for pitchers. Plus it isn't like this guy never had injuries before. Part of the reason he was let go in the first place was because he is such an injury risk. Wake up and smell the coffee.

I still may keep Hamels or J.Weav over him but that decission will be made later
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TurdFerguson » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:50 pm

The guys future is bright no matter what.I have him in a dynasty league and still value him greatly.Pitchers come back from TJS pretty well these days and dont think it would be that bad if he did have the surgery. It might be the best thing for his future.
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby 1337_Dude » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:09 pm

acsguitar wrote:I still may keep Hamels or J.Weav over him but that decission will be made later

You'll end up keeping Hamels simply out of fear.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bellings » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:36 am

Right after the all-star break I was trying so hard to make a trade for him in my keeper league. The owner wouldn't give in, but finally offered me Weaver and I took it. SOOOOOOO happy. ;-D
bellings
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Surfs up » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:51 am

I think I would rather take a chance on Liriano going to the DL two or three times a season then have many of the other pitchers out there. Plus We have nine starters on our active team. I'll just grab one more solid starter at the draft just in case Liriano does go down. We also have a five man reserve squad. Injuries are part of the game.I have him on my team at $13.00 and there is no way in hell I will drop or trade him. Even if he does have the operation I will protect for 2008.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 198)

Postby TurdFerguson » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:37 am

Surfs up wrote:I think I would rather take a chance on Liriano going to the DL two or three times a season then have many of the other pitchers out there. Plus We have nine starters on our active team. I'll just grab one more solid starter at the draft just in case Liriano does go down. We also have a five man reserve squad. Injuries are part of the game.I have him on my team at $13.00 and there is no way in hell I will drop or trade him. Even if he does have the operation I will protect for 2008.

I think the surgery might be the best thing for his future
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:42 pm

Liriano's last rehab was focused on his shoulder, this time is the elbow. I think that six weeks is a reasonable amount of time to see how it goes, the only problem is that it's twice now that he wasn't able to go back to "normal" after a rehab which suggests something might be wrong...I mean, really wrong. :-o

If I were a Liriano owner I'd be very worried. Good thing most leagues don't have to declare keepers by the end of this week, so there is still some time to see what happens.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby activechamp2006 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:24 pm

it scares me that hes not having surgery.. i think this could really mess with his career, yes theyre going to get him back for the playoffs.. but hes going to need surgery no matter what, but if he comes back for the playoffs he could end up hurting himself even more and who knows what could happen after that.. i really think this is a negative for lirianos 2007 fantasy value :-t if you have him in keeper leagues try and trade him off after he does a little something in the playoffs !+)
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TurdFerguson » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:36 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:it scares me that hes not having surgery.. i think this could really mess with his career, yes theyre going to get him back for the playoffs.. but hes going to need surgery no matter what, but if he comes back for the playoffs he could end up hurting himself even more and who knows what could happen after that.. i really think this is a negative for lirianos 2007 fantasy value :-t if you have him in keeper leagues try and trade him off after he does a little something in the playoffs !+)
I thought he was ruled out for the season?
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers