Brian McCann - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brian McCann

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby George_Foreman » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:01 am

If you draft McCann next year, don't expect for him to contend for a batting title (like he would be this year with a few more ABs). The power is legitimate, and it's probably better than VMart's; I wouldn't be surprised at all to see BMac hit 30 HRs next year. He'll also be getting more ABs as he's moved up in the order in favor of Francoeur.

Oh, and the Braves have a far supperior lineup to the Twins, and I'd even say it's better than the Indians'. (Well, for this year. If the Bravos trade Andruw, they'll certainly take a hit there).
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bronxxbomber » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:43 am

George_Foreman wrote:If you draft McCann next year, don't expect for him to contend for a batting title (like he would be this year with a few more ABs). The power is legitimate, and it's probably better than VMart's; I wouldn't be surprised at all to see BMac hit 30 HRs next year. He'll also be getting more ABs as he's moved up in the order in favor of Francoeur.

Oh, and the Braves have a far supperior lineup to the Twins, and I'd even say it's better than the Indians'. (Well, for this year. If the Bravos trade Andruw, they'll certainly take a hit there).
That's a bold statement to say they have a better lineup then Cleveland. I don't buy it. It looks a little close because Hafner has missed the final month and Peralta was horrible from beginning to end and Cleveland still has put up better offensive numbers. Aside from this, McCann is awesome. I don't know if he hits 30Hr next year, but I think he's a lock for 20 Hr and 80rbi next season.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:40 am

Rototimes values as of today for 2006:

McCann $13
Mauer $17
Vmart $11

McCann missed time and has 80 someodd less ABs than Mauer (420 to 500). If you pro-rate the values due to that, they basically become a push with Mauer.

And the Twins have gotten nowhere this year because of their offense. Santana and Liriano are thereason they are where they are. Outside of Morneau and to a degree Hnter and Cuddyer, they have no power. Hunter will be leaving after this year.

You really want to compare a lineup that has the likes of Punto, Castillo, Rondell White, Bartlett, Tyner and will be without Hunter next season to the Braves?

McCann, LaRoche, Giles, Renteria, Chipper, Andruw Jones, Francouer, Diaz?

McCann clearly has more power and will have the better lineup to protect him and offer him rbi and runs opportunities. The only thing that keeps the 2 close in valuation is that Mauer steals 8-10 bases a season.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby gfantasy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:55 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Rototimes values as of today for 2006:

McCann $13
Mauer $17
Vmart $11

McCann missed time and has 80 someodd less ABs than Mauer (420 to 500). If you pro-rate the values due to that, they basically become a push with Mauer.

And the Twins have gotten nowhere this year because of their offense. Santana and Liriano are thereason they are where they are. Outside of Morneau and to a degree Hnter and Cuddyer, they have no power. Hunter will be leaving after this year.

You really want to compare a lineup that has the likes of Punto, Castillo, Rondell White, Bartlett, Tyner and will be without Hunter next season to the Braves?

McCann clearly has more power and will have the better lineup to protect him and offer him rbi and runs opportunities. The only thing that keeps the 2 close in valuation is that Mauer steals 8-10 bases a season.

I dont think Andruw Jones will be wearing a Braves uniform in 2007
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:18 am

gfantasy wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Rototimes values as of today for 2006:

McCann $13
Mauer $17
Vmart $11

I dont think Andruw Jones will be wearing a Braves uniform in 2007

I doubt AJ is going anywhere. Too good and way too high a salary to command the type of trade return that would make it worth the Braves while unless they wanted to bag a season (which they will not do imo) and eat salary. I would think that Giles is the guy they are going to deal. They would love to lose Hudson, but I doubt anyone will take him and his contract now.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby gfantasy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:21 am

I thought AJ was a FA in 07
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:23 am

gfantasy wrote:I thought AJ was a FA in 07

No. 2008.

Andruw Jones of
6 years/$75M (2002-07)

$3M signing bonus
02:$9.5M, 03:$11.5M, 04:$12M, 05:$12.5M, 06:$13M, 07:$13.5M
signed multi-year extension after 2001 season
1 year/$8.2M (2001), won arbitration ($8.2M-$6.4M) (record award)
97:$0.1525M, 98:$0.215M, 99:$0.33M, 00:$3.7M
agent: Scott Boras
ML service: 9.047
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby gfantasy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:40 am

Makes sense. Thanks.
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby brandnew » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:45 pm

I think he'll be traded, but they'll get a good return out of him when he is traded. I don't think that'll drop McCann's value that much. If anything, it might raise it, because he could hit 3rd or 4th in the lineup.

I'd take Mauer over McCann simply because he plays about 15-20 games at DH, so he'll automatically get more ABs than McCann. His OBP also helps him with Runs...

Mauer
McCann
Martinez

I'm with everyone else though... not taking any of 'em early. Loved McCann's production this year, though.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mcqfesijiba » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:50 pm

Yes, take a catcher later in the draft. Hmm, where did McCann go in drafts this year? Yup, late, if he was even drafted at all. I'm liking Russ Martin of the Dodgers as a late catcher pick next year.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers