Brian McCann - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brian McCann

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brian McCann

Postby gfantasy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:08 am

As far as catchers are concerned...

After Mauer, would you take McCann? I'm guessing some would take V-Mart. I say McCann at 2.
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cordscords » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:12 am

Mauer, V-Mart, McCann IMO

But I don't really care. They are all gonna go too early for my taste, I'll take guys like Barrett later on and be very happy ;-D
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)

Postby wake » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:48 am

I know Mauer, Martinez, McCann is the popular order but it seems that McCann should easily be the #2 catcher. I expect McCann's average to fall next season but he's shown much more power potential than the other 2 catchers. At only 22 years old, he has 7 more HR than Martinez in 130 less AB. Considering he's had 17 HR in the 2nd half so far, his potential for 30+ HR next season should make him more valuable than Martinez' .300 average and 20 HR.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:00 am

Honestly, I would pick McCann at number 1, Vmart a close 2nd and Mauer third. Mauer does not have his power poor or his run production. All he really adds is a handful of SBs. And McCann is in a very good lineup top to bottom that will be good next year. The Twins lineup blows and is likely to get worse next season with Hunter (who is mediocre) leaving.

And VMart is one day going to lose C eligibiity when the Tribe gets tired of the likes of Bengie Molina thinkin gthey can steal on him and his Piazza arm.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby eftda » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:59 am

cordscords ranked them best. I also agree with him in taking catcher later on.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Old_Style » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:08 am

i'd still rank martinez first .... martinez/mauer/mccann

i'm with the others though, i'll take kendall/barrett/loduca later on and be happy ;-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bronxxbomber » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:08 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Honestly, I would pick McCann at number 1, Vmart a close 2nd and Mauer third. Mauer does not have his power poor or his run production. All he really adds is a handful of SBs. And McCann is in a very good lineup top to bottom that will be good next year. The Twins lineup blows and is likely to get worse next season with Hunter (who is mediocre) leaving.

And VMart is one day going to lose C eligibiity when the Tribe gets tired of the likes of Bengie Molina thinkin gthey can steal on him and his Piazza arm.
How could you diss Mauer and the Twins lineup man? Besides sbs, you know more still adds a better avg and more runs too? And it's not like they are really close in those categories either. I admit though, McCann owns him in homers though. My point is, I think Mauer still has an edge as long as he hits 3rd and McCann keeps playing in different slots in the order.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CadensDad » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:39 am

Braves fan here so I drafted McCann in 2 leagues preseason this year.

Right now I see
1-Mauer
2-McCann
2-VMart

At my catcher spot all 3 of these guys are big upgrades over the rest, I'd be happy to take any 1 of the three in rounds 5-7

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby gfantasy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:34 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Honestly, I would pick McCann at number 1, Vmart a close 2nd and Mauer third. Mauer does not have his power poor or his run production. All he really adds is a handful of SBs. And McCann is in a very good lineup top to bottom that will be good next year. The Twins lineup blows and is likely to get worse next season with Hunter (who is mediocre) leaving.

I think it's unfair to discount the Twins like that. There's a reason they're in a playoff race this year...
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby bigken117 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:39 am

McCann was a popular target of mine in all my leagues, and I ended up with him in most B-) I won't be taking him, or any catcher early though.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers