70%

Total votes : 10

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:46 pm

Weddings and marriages are as overrated as Jennifer Aniston's looks. ;-7 :-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:21 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:Weddings and marriages are as overrated as Jennifer Aniston's looks. ;-7 :-D

Yea tell me about it I have a panic attack thinking about weddings :-t
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:22 pm

acsguitar wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Weddings and marriages are as overrated as Jennifer Aniston's looks. ;-7 :-D

Why? :-?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:26 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

I can't stand em...just not a fun time for me I guess...I used to be a server/bartender for a high class catering company.

Its just really annoying..All the guys are laid back but the chicks, especially the moms, get all bent out of shape and crazy...

"Oh my god you put the candle an inch to the right of where I asked!!"

stuff like that
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:45 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

I can't stand em...just not a fun time for me I guess...I used to be a server/bartender for a high class catering company.

Its just really annoying..All the guys are laid back but the chicks, especially the moms, get all bent out of shape and crazy...

stuff like that

I hear ya, but it's understandable. I used to manage hotels so I'm used to ritzy receptions and the high expectations of brides, etc. And I do understand that it's their day and they want everything to be perfect. I guess they're just meant for some people and not for others. Frankly, that's not the reason I got out of the business. That was one of the more enjoyable aspect, imo, even though it was insanely hectic most of the time.

I have a crazy story regarding a reception we had to prepare for. I don't have time to write it out right now, but I'll try to later.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:45 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

stuff like that

I'm not crazy about weddings either. I've been to 12 of them over the past 4 years and well, each one makes me feel like the way Cubs fans must feel each year. :-b I was the best man at my best friend's wedding and the odd thing is the girl had taken a shine to me at first but I wound up hooking her up with my friend. So, most times, you'll find me sitting in the corner, drinking the most expensive beers that will take a toll on the lucky couple's open bar tab, and praying the DJ would by happenstance, play some metal music instead of that popular music remix mish-mash rubbish.

I must admit my favorite time was when I was basically half-drunk and I was called up for an impromptu speech, which I happened to turn into a "10 Things I hate about England" rant (yes, this had taken place in England). That had to be my finest hour on English soil akin to the Battle of Britain. :-D

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:47 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:So, most times, you'll find me sitting in the corner, drinking the most expensive beers that will take a toll on the lucky couple's open bar tab, and praying the DJ would by happenstance, play some metal music instead of that popular music remix mish-mash rubbish.

I go for the beer; stay for the Mambo No. 5 :-D
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:54 pm

Coppermine wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:So, most times, you'll find me sitting in the corner, drinking the most expensive beers that will take a toll on the lucky couple's open bar tab, and praying the DJ would by happenstance, play some metal music instead of that popular music remix mish-mash rubbish.

Personally, I wait for the conga line and that'll give me good reason to touch that hot bridesmaid's bum (who happens to be engaged for a wedding next month). }:-) :-b

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby Coppermine » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:46 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Personally, I wait for the conga line and that'll give me good reason to touch that hot bridesmaid's bum (who happens to be engaged for a wedding next month). }:-) :-b

Right-o chap :-D
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk