Who here has Netflix? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Who here has Netflix?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who here has Netflix?

Postby Phatferd » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:36 am

I just signed up for it again because I'm not renting as much right now as I'd like for the in-store all you can rent and I just want Netflix because of the selection.

Anyways, I want to create some "friends" so I can get movie ideas and recommendations. My email is mailto:barron.bradford@gmail.com add me or email me and I'll add you.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gfantasy » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:24 am

Is Netflix better than Blockbuster?
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby Phatferd » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:42 pm

gfantasy wrote:Is Netflix better than Blockbuster?

It really depends where you live. I've had both and they are pretrty similar, Blockbuster has the in-store stuff, but Netflix has more selection. Plus, Netflix gave me the free trial without a hassle, Blockbuster knew I was once a member. My roomate and I are just going to use all of our CCs and get like 6 months free from each service.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:31 pm

I have Netflix as well. I have the 5.99 plan and you really can't beat it. I get at least 4 movies a month delivered to my mailbox.

I never tried Blockbuster but they've been taking my money for a good portion of my life so I have no interest.

I heard that they are developing a download service but it won't go up until January. Itunes and Amazon started their download service but I don't think the video/audio quality are as good and it takes a long time to download. Plus I don't really have any interest paying 10 bucks to watch a movie.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bronxxbomber » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:04 pm

I guess I like to go overboard. I have the 24.99 plan (4 movies at a time). Right now I'm catching up on series I lazy to watch. Entourage Season 2, Lost, etc. People, feel free to add me too, my email is mailto:Jolaloye@gmail.com
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ironman » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:37 pm

I've had Netflix for over a year and love it. I originally started with the 2-at-a-time unlimited plan but then downgraded to the 2-at-a-time but no more than 4 in a month plan. I've since downgraded further to the one-at-a-time unlimited plan.

One thing I noticed when I had the 4 movie a month limit plan is that they don't send you your movies with as much urgency than if you have unlimited rentals in a month. The turnover was usually a day longer.

One recommended rental that you can only get off Netflix is "Comedians of Comedy, The Movie". It's frickin' hilarious. Of course you probably have to like the comedians that are in it. It's certainly some off-color humor.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Return to General Talk