What do u think about the future of this team? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

What do u think about the future of this team?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What do u think about the future of this team?

Postby powenM » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:54 pm

I put this in this forum because of my youth/prospects. Its a dynasty team. What do u think of my acessment?

Personally Id say the future is very bright . With the #4 pick in the draft & WW priority next season a couple more nice youngsters should be on the way.
Im hoping to make a run at the playoffs next year but it could be tight.

First my overall team:

C B. McCann
1B J. Loney
2B J. Castillo
3B Á. Rodríguez
SS É. Rentería
LF R. Freel
CF S. Podsednik
RF Á. Ríos
Util R. Shealy
Util C. Granderson
Util C. Iannetta
BN F. Pie
BN K. Greene
BN A. Lind
BN Ju. Huber

SP J. Schmidt
SP B. Webb
RP B. Lidge
RP M. MacDougal
P B. League
P P. Neshek
P J. Sowers
P E. Santana
BN J. Westbrook
BN D. McGowan
DL M. Mulder

Now my comments:

C:
BMcCann - Once VMartinez moves to 1B he becomes the 2nd best Catcher in the majors

CIannetta - arguably the best Catching prospect coming to the majors.

1B:
RShealy - he'll hit .300, 25-30hrs, 100+rbis per yr

JLoney - Wont have quite the power of Shealy but hit for an even better average.

JuHuber - very solid prospect whose being groomed as an OF now. Dont expect him to be a Royal very long with their logjam out there.

2B:
JCastillo - showed some flashes of power early in the season. But the jury's still out on this guy.
RFreel - Good SBs. And just a good guy to have with his flexibility.

3B
ARod- posts DWright numbers in a bad season. Yet Wright is great and hes a bum? Go figure. Expect a big comeback next year.

SS:
ERenteria - Still in his early 30s, year in & year out hes still one of most consistant hitters around.

KGreene - looking for a breakout season next year.

LF:
ALind - considered an average prospect at one time, a great season at AAA opened the eyes of many scouts. He's continued to show hes no flash in the pan in the majors either.

CF:
CGranderson - showing signs lately of busting out of his slump(loves the pressure?) lately. This kid is only going to get better. Prob will hit no higher then the .270 range. But expect him to hit with a little more power & increase his SBs.

FPie - 5 tool player just needs a little more seasoning b4 he's ready for the show. Not expected to be with the big club out of spring training 2007.

RF:
ARios - What can i say this kid is going to be very good. Do I need to say anymore?

SP: Got the makings of a very good staff led by a crafty vet
J. Schmidt whose # will get even better after getting out of SF. Still hes not my ace. Not when a top 3 major league SP is around in BWebb.
ESantana & JSowers round out the staff nicely with good upside. Bonus if DMcGowen ever puts it together & MMulder comes back like the mulder of old.

RP: Will the real BLidge please stand up. Hoping for a great comeback season next year. PNeshak(potential closer) & BLeague will give me very good setup men for years to come.

Next years needs?
Another starter(unless McGowen or Mulder comes through), closer, 2B & more power.
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:24 pm

over-reliace on youth is never a good thing. You can project all you want but not all of them will pay off.

.300 25-30HR is quite optimistic even for a Shealy fan like me.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:06 am

Youre screwed. You have way too many prospects and not enough proven talent. Its time for some trades.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:09 am

I would bet it is 2008 before you sniff the playoffs. Your team is just to young imo to compete next year.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Niffoc4 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:36 pm

I like a lot of the youth on this team... the only guy you seem big on that I'm not is Loney. Yeah he may hit for a high average, but I can't see him doing anything else, so you are looking like an upside of Sean Casey (and not the Sean Casey who hit over 20 HR), and that's not acceptable from 1B. If I were you I would try and package him and maybe Podsednik to some guy for either a vet 1B w/ some power or someone still in the minors who is a pwr prospect. Another possible target is Willingham, since his owner won't be able to use him at C next year he might underrate him...
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby bigken117 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:29 pm

your team is too young to contend for the playoffs next season, sorry. And that's if 35% of your young guys who have proven nothing yet pan out. I'm talking guys like Shealy, Lind, Ianetta, Pie, Huber, League, McGowan etc. Believe me, I tried the same thing in my dynasty that drafted in 2004 and struck gold with Wright in the 4th but I'm still hampered by picks like BJ in the 7th and holding on to guys like Kubel, Kotchman, and Capellan.

There is such a thing as too young.

How many teams in this?

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:33 pm

I think you should probably do some trades maybe and consolidate talent if you're serious about contending next year.

Also...Mauer, right now, is the best C in baseball and VMart will still have C eligibilty next year. McCann is very good but not as good at Mauer.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Return to Minor League & College Baseball