What's the 411 on Beltran? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

What's the 411 on Beltran?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's the 411 on Beltran?

Postby DisBeAliG » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:40 pm

Read today that he has a quad strain...so what are the chances he'll play before the playoffs start?
I have a huge offensive lead in the championship but don't want to let up being that we play for another week. At the same time, I really don't have a spot in my rotation.
DisBeAliG
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bolts801 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:56 am

I went ahead and dropped him in my points only league.

If anything he'll sit the rest of this weekend. Only to probably play 1 out of 3 maybe if your lucky every other game until the post season starts.

If you can monitor the starting lineups before game time I suppose you can hold on to him. 95% of us don't have the time to do that though.

So in short you'll be playing the barry bonds guessing game for the rest of the regular season.

"will he play?" "will he not play?"

That gets old real fast. Especially when you are winning, and trying to hang on. :)
"Before becoming rich and famous. Just try being rich first."

Bill Murray.
bolts801
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ryno23 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:10 am

NorthJersey.com
Carlos Beltran sat out for the fourth straight game -- and will sit out at least a fifth today. The Mets call it just caution, but Beltran, limping badly with a strained upper quadriceps, is worried.

"I'm frustrated," Beltran said. "I want to keep in rhythm, where I'm facing pitchers and I'm playing in the outfield and moving around the bases. That's my concern, that I just can't wait too long for me to play in the games.

"I don't know when I'm going to be ready," he said. "When we go to the playoffs, I don't want to wait and wonder what's going to happen. He said the movement that I'm doing right now, maybe one day or two more days it should be better."

Looks like Rocco Baldelli and Ryan Shealy get the last 2 spots on my active roster for another day.
Ryno23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby clevername » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:48 pm

Sep 23 Marty Noble, of NewYork.Mets.MLB.com, reports New York Mets OF Carlos Beltran (quadriceps) is expected to play Sunday, Sept. 24, after sitting out since Monday, Sept. 18, with a strained right quadriceps.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby clevername » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:11 pm

nevermind, not in the starting lineup.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby kingmike74 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:57 pm

I am tied for first heading into the final week in my non keeper league.

Would it be nuts to drop Beltran and gab a hot hand like Bonds? I mean if Beltran is only going to play a few games, that will not help me that much.
"I can't wait to put the uniform on each day" ~ Bobby Cox
kingmike74
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 28)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:34 pm

kingmike74 wrote:I am tied for first heading into the final week in my non keeper league.

Would it be nuts to drop Beltran and gab a hot hand like Bonds? I mean if Beltran is only going to play a few games, that will not help me that much.

in yahoo, you cant drop this clown...
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby kingmike74 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:48 am

CBS, yeh or neh on dropping Beltran for Bonds in my non keeper to win my league. I have 20 minutes before heading to work, advise me.
"I can't wait to put the uniform on each day" ~ Bobby Cox
kingmike74
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 28)

Postby DisBeAliG » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:22 pm

One has to wonder if it is actually beneficial for the Mets to keep him on the bench for so long if his injury isn't that serious. Last thing you want do is go into the playoffs with one of your studs on offense being rusty and out of rhythm.
In my situation, he is one of my keepers for next yr so I have to keep him. And the other player I was looking at picking up, Beltre, already got picked up. <sigh>
DisBeAliG
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bcb » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:28 pm

Beltran is starting tonight (Monday)
bcb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates