Survivor - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Survivor

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Survivor

Postby Yoda » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:29 am

Anyone watching this? Pretty interesting with tribes separated by race...

The Asians look unstoppable. :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:40 am

I haven't watched it because I truly believe Jeff Probst is the devil.

But it sounds good.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:51 am

On at the same time as Earl and The Office? Ain't gonna happen.

Anyone see the office last night? Hilariously uncomfortable!
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:59 am

I watched them all.

Survivor never really gets good until they merge into one tribe. And they must have done some serious editing with Billy cause he went into uber-creep mode in record time.

Earl was OK. The more I see the more I realize that Joy is the real star of the show.

The office was great. When Dwight was faking crying about Jim leaving I about wet myself. Great stuff all around.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby Yoda » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:18 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:I watched them all.

Survivor never really gets good until they merge into one tribe. And they must have done some serious editing with Billy cause he went into uber-creep mode in record time.

Earl was OK. The more I see the more I realize that Joy is the real star of the show.

The office was great. When Dwight was faking crying about Jim leaving I about wet myself. Great stuff all around.

I don't watch a lot of TV (mostly movies) but Survivor, Office and Lost are shows I always watch.

Billy is a psycho. If you paid attention at teh end of the immunity challenge, he was complaing about how he didn't fit in with the tribe and he was next to go, no one likes him etc. Candice said "but we love you" and his response was "I love you too". Then he confessed his love for her at the tribal council. I think he seriously creeped out the other girls to vote him out after that. Psycho.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:50 pm

Yoda wrote:[Billy is a psycho. If you paid attention at teh end of the immunity challenge, he was complaing about how he didn't fit in with the tribe and he was next to go, no one likes him etc. Candice said "but we love you" and his response was "I love you too". Then he confessed his love for her at the tribal council. I think he seriously creeped out the other girls to vote him out after that. Psycho.
Totally agree. Up until he professed his love for Candice I thought he was getting a raw deal. Once he did that it dawned on me that they hadn't really showed him talk much and while the I love you to Candice seem like a funny/flirty thing at the time, he was actually serious. Complete psycho. Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:10 pm

I just finished watching Survivor off of my Tivo.

I actually felt sorry for Billy when he said he felt like he didn't fit in as a Hispanic. I could sympathize with that being half-Japanese and half-Spanish because I felt like I wasn't a good enough fit for either culture, but hey, no one can be a naturally perfect fit, especially for bi-racial kids like myself, and that's fine. Plus, if he truly is a metalhead, that's cool too. But yes, it was really bizarre when he admitted that he felt it was love at first sight with Candice. The more I'll feel sorry for him if it was all smoke and mirrors.

By the way, I'm not surprised that an Asian guy found the immunity idol on Exile Island first. :-b ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Re: Survivor

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:11 pm

Yoda wrote: The Asians look unstoppable. :-D

until the other tribes unload all of their unathletic people and the BMI/ team evens out...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby 1337_Dude » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:41 pm

Coppermine wrote:On at the same time as Earl and The Office? Ain't gonna happen.

Anyone see the office last night? Hilariously uncomfortable!

No kidding. Though, even if Survivor was on during a different time I still probably wouldn't watch it. Terry not winning last year just kind of pissed me off and made me hate the show again.

It was actually my first time watching My Name is Earl and I thought it was pretty good. The Office though is probably my favorite non sporting show on TV. I loved the part at the begining with Dwight crying. That or the part where the guy freaks out over his stappler in the Jell-O.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:33 pm

I've been watching since halfway through the 2nd season. Cao Boi is awesome. ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk