Strat Advice Needed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Strat Advice Needed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Strat Advice Needed

Postby Philly_05 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:52 am

Well i'm in a tight race but not sure how I want to go about winning this league. I'm behind in every category 23 less bat games 3 less SP games and 3 RP games starting tomorrow. I will be 51 pts out of 1st as tomorrow starts. I have a very large SP day tomorrow 4 guys to be exact. Pedro Santana Smoltz Carpenter.

The way our bat games fall he has 75 more bat games we play 10 players each day if we fill out all the spots. I have 97 more bat games. There are 11 days left in the season. Will I realistically be able to fill my bat games with just one day to spare. Or do you think I cut it way to close and could be in trouble to gain back those pts before the end of the year..

Should I look to put all my title hopes into tomorrow using up all but 2 starts or should I spred them out incase someone doesn't pitch well so I can try to fix it with another start next week?

What's the best be in your opinon take 2 starts and leave 4 for the last week. Or say grab 3 and leave Pedro off or grab all 4 and hope for the best and go down with my best 4 at the sametime. Or win the league in a great move?

And do you guys think guys like Santana Carp are going to get another start after tomorrow before the playoffs start for those teams? And is Smoltz worth trusting because he's a vet and you know he will come out and pitch well. An will Pedro be motivated to show he is healthy and have a great effort. Or should I just stay off Pedro because of the injury and the Mets not really needing to win or push him at all.
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 634)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Old_Style » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:05 am

i would personally start carpenter, smoltz, and santana. pedro has admitted that he doesn't think he is 100% yet.

i'm not too certain about smoltz, he hasn't pitched against the rockies this year and the game is at coors.

this should probably go into the sit/start forum
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Philly_05 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:59 am

Old_Style wrote:i would personally start carpenter, smoltz, and santana. pedro has admitted that he doesn't think he is 100% yet.

i'm not too certain about smoltz, he hasn't pitched against the rockies this year and the game is at coors.

this should probably go into the sit/start forum

That forum is dead and I expanded my question futher than just a who to start or sit thread.
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 634)

Return to Baseball Leftovers