Jeff Baker - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jeff Baker

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:28 pm

Havok1517 wrote:I'd like him a lot more if he got traded for everyday playing time. The Wes Helms experiment will be over soon enough...maybe to Philly?

I was actually surprised he hadn't already been traded - I expected him to be traded last year because of the corner logjam the Rockies have, but that was before his monster September of course.

I think the Rockies really like him at this point because of his potent bat, his versatility (spelling any of the corner spots), and a big bat off the bench in a pinch hit situation.

So I think the Rockies would need to get something really nice in return, to trade him at this point anyways.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:52 pm

avsfan4ever33 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:I'd like him a lot more if he got traded for everyday playing time. The Wes Helms experiment will be over soon enough...maybe to Philly?

I was actually surprised he hadn't already been traded - I expected him to be traded last year because of the corner logjam the Rockies have, but that was before his monster September of course.

I think the Rockies really like him at this point because of his potent bat, his versatility (spelling any of the corner spots), and a big bat off the bench in a pinch hit situation.

So I think the Rockies would need to get something really nice in return, to trade him at this point anyways.

Well, I think the ascension of Stewart will have a lot to do with it.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 119)

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:03 pm

avsfan4ever33 wrote:

Well, I think the ascension of Stewart will have a lot to do with it.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 119)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers