why cant i drop pedro? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

why cant i drop pedro?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby iftn » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:05 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:Email Yahoo, they may have pity and change it. I've heard rumors of them being fairly responsive in cases like this, but I've never personally witnessed it. Good luck. ;-D

i called yahoo, got forwarded to like 8 people. finally got to the guy in charge and he said hed look into it but i know hes just saying that.

so i called major league baseball, was on hold for like 45 freaking minutes and FINALLY got to talk to the commissioner and he said HED look into it but again, i think hes just saying that to end the conversation. i really do.

finally i called pedro and told him to start pitching better and he said maybe.
iftn
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:36 pm

iftn wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:Email Yahoo, they may have pity and change it. I've heard rumors of them being fairly responsive in cases like this, but I've never personally witnessed it. Good luck. ;-D

i called yahoo, got forwarded to like 8 people. finally got to the guy in charge and he said hed look into it but i know hes just saying that.

so i called major league baseball, was on hold for like 45 freaking minutes and FINALLY got to talk to the commissioner and he said HED look into it but again, i think hes just saying that to end the conversation. i really do.

Actually, I was being serious. I can't remember who the player was but it seems like it was earlier this year. It may have been someone like Matsui or Sheff. Anyway, they were on the Can't Cut list, someone emailed Yahoo Customer Service and it was literally fixed that day. Now maybe it's because it was already in the works, but it can't hurt. It certainly gives you a better chance at getting Pedro off the Can't Cut list than whining about it here does.

But if Pedro said he'd pitch better then maybe you don't want to cut him. I know when I called Mark Teahan and told him I needed some help to beat wr earlier this year (I also may have mentioned that wr made some derogatory remarks about him ;-7 ) he single-handedly carried me for a week. B-)

:-b
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby iftn » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:50 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
iftn wrote:

Actually, I was being serious. I can't remember who the player was but it seems like it was earlier this year. It may have been someone like Matsui or Sheff. Anyway, they were on the Can't Cut list, someone emailed Yahoo Customer Service and it was literally fixed that day. Now maybe it's because it was already in the works, but it can't hurt. It certainly gives you a better chance at getting Pedro off the Can't Cut list than whining about it here does.

But if Pedro said he'd pitch better then maybe you don't want to cut him. I know when I called Mark Teahan and told him I needed some help to beat wr earlier this year (I also may have mentioned that wr made some derogatory remarks about him ;-7 ) he single-handedly carried me for a week. B-)

:-b

oh. then maybe i should call them :)

thanks.

but i was being serious too - why is pedro on the cant cut list? whats the reasoning behind that? who cares if i cut him or not?
iftn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BritSox » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:30 pm

The Can't cut list exists so n00bs or bad sports in public league can't unbalance the whole thign by dropping top-tier players, giving an unfair advantage to those with ww priority. For players who've just suffered long-term injuries, they'll take them off if you ask them. Not likely to happen with guys who've just got niggling issues, though.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:38 pm

I always thought league that the league commissioner could take off the Can't Cut list during the year, no? :-?
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby iftn » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:44 pm

BritSox wrote:The Can't cut list exists so n00bs or bad sports in public league can't unbalance the whole thign by dropping top-tier players, giving an unfair advantage to those with ww priority. For players who've just suffered long-term injuries, they'll take them off if you ask them. Not likely to happen with guys who've just got niggling issues, though.

yeah but that doesnt apply to someone like pedro. hes not exactly a great pitcher anymore. i doubt anyone would even pick him up if i dropped him.
iftn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DK » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:48 pm

go_jays_go wrote:I always thought league that the league commissioner could take off the Can't Cut list during the year, no? :-?

Not if this is a public league...
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers