Playoff rotation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Playoff rotation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Playoff rotation

Postby dyuen87 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:22 am

Sep 19 The Newark Star-Ledger's Ed Price reports New York Yankees SP Mike Mussina will pitch Game 3 of the American League Division Series. The Yankees will use SP Randy Johnson and SP Chien-Ming Wang in Games 1 and 2, but the order has not been determined.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Playoff rotation

Postby 1337_Dude » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:08 pm

dyuen87 wrote:
Sep 19 The Newark Star-Ledger's Ed Price reports New York Yankees SP Mike Mussina will pitch Game 3 of the American League Division Series. The Yankees will use SP Randy Johnson and SP Chien-Ming Wang in Games 1 and 2, but the order has not been determined.

I'm fine with that rotation. Though I'd probably start with Wang first, he seems like he could come back on the shortest rest and still pitch well.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Playoff rotation

Postby luckygehrig » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:12 am

1337_Dude wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:

I'm fine with that rotation. Though I'd probably start with Wang first, he seems like he could come back on the shortest rest and still pitch well.

I agree. Moose's shoulder/elbow problems would concern me and Johnson is too much of a headcase. I like that Torre is ready to give Wang the ball in big situations. Should be an exciting postseason.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Minor League Skilz » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:01 am

TORRE SHUFFLE: Chien-Ming Wang will start Friday, Randy Johnson on Saturday, Mike Mussina on Sunday and Jaret Wright on Monday. That doesn't mean, however, the Yanks will use that order in the postseason since there is "some wiggle room" next week, Torre said. ...

From the Daily News. Torre implies that he could still change it but I would bet he will keep it that way.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:20 pm

Why woul dthey want to start Randy "Gopher Ball" Johnsonin Ggame 1? The Game 1 pitcher comes back for Game 5 if necessary. To me, that should be Moose or Wang. RJ is clearly their third best SP.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby blankman » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:32 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Why woul dthey want to start Randy "Gopher Ball" Johnsonin Ggame 1? The Game 1 pitcher comes back for Game 5 if necessary. To me, that should be Moose or Wang. RJ is clearly their third best SP.

Right. I'd start Wang, RJ, Moose.

Game 3 is always such a pivotal game and for that, I'd like to see Mussina out there.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Return to New York Yankees