Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mweir145 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:35 am

cordscords wrote:NBC yanked it early in favor of this Black Donnelys show that I have 0 interest in. The remaining episodes will probably air in the summer, and there is a 5% chance of a 2nd season :~(

Damn, that sucks. I really liked this show, but it looks like it's going to go the way of another good show that I liked, Arrested Development, unfortunately. The terrible time slot certainly killed it. :-/

I really have no interest in that Black Donnellys show either.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dracovonborax » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:58 am

the death of another great show. i also have no interest in this donnellys show and, even if i did, i would boycot it. i'll find some other way to spend my Monday at 9 time slot(CST). looks like there was no 4 A.M. miracle for them. :(
dracovonborax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Coppermine » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:26 am

Well, Studio 60 can't really complain about the time slot; they get a 14 million viewer lead in from Heroes that they can't even come close to holding onto. I agree the show is smart and clever, but it was turning into a romantic comedy. At the start, the show focused a lot on the show, the players in the show and the network's executives. Now it's all just Matthew Perry whining.

It had a lot of potential, but even if they had lived up to it, the dialog probably went way over most people's heads.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:29 am

Chalk me up as another who didn't want to see it taken off air. I thought it was the best show on television. The only flaw in it was that the show within the show was absolutely horrible.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:04 am

i liked it but i'm not suprised it got yanked...doubt i'll watch that Donnelly's
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:57 am

OK, so I wanted to see what the big deal is with this Donnelly's thing. This is the synopsis:

The Black Donnellys is a new critically acclaimed television drama premiering on NBC in the United States and on Global Television Network in Canada during the winter of 2007. It is a midseason replacement for Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and is scheduled to air on February 26 at 10 pm. The pilot episode was leaked on the internet in the summer of 2006 and is also currently available from Netflix.

The show follows four young Irish-American brothers in New York's infamous Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood and their involvement with organized crime. Their story is narrated by a childhood friend, Joey "Ice Cream", in the pilot.

I don't know, it might be cool. I'm part Irish... and my grandmother grew up in Hell's Kitchen. Don't know if it will appeal to many people though that aren't either from NYC or Irish.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ironman » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:38 am

I blame NBC's mismanagement of it early on. After they first announced that it wasn't going to last I pretty much gave up on it. Then they decided to keep it for the full season. At that point I had moved on and didn't bother catching back up. I think a lot of other people did the same.

Nice job NBC on fumbling that one. :-t
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby laxguy8947 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:25 am

bah, sorkin is the man. anyone have a link with definite news about the shows future?
Thanks to abrage22
laxguy8947
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker

Postby cordscords » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:44 pm

TBD debuted with a 5.5 share in the big 18-49 demographic. And that # is inflated with a 3 minute Heroes lead in. The show lost a little over 3 million viewers in the second half.

This show is going to tank, maybe Studio 60 has life after all :-D
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)

Postby laxguy8947 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:38 pm

cordscords wrote:TBD debuted with a 5.5 share in the big 18-49 demographic. And that # is inflated with a 3 minute Heroes lead in. The show lost a little over 3 million viewers in the second half.

This show is going to tank, maybe Studio 60 has life after all :-D

One can only hope. Either way though, it's going to be tough for Studio 60 to get picked up for a second season. :-/
Thanks to abrage22
laxguy8947
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk